Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Before & After: String me up

(Polishes sent for review; affiliate links)

Hello!

When I was swatching Zoya Selene from Zoya's Paradise Sun collection, I couldn't help but wonder how the flake finish would look matted...so I decided to do a manicure today to find out.


I started wtih Zoya Selene, a green-leaning teal flecked wonder:


Zoya Selene

Zoya Selene



Then I stamped it with Pueen 45:




Using Hit The Bottle Polishes Absinthe-Minded and Pool Party:

Mardi Gras beads!

Mardi Gras beads


And finally, I matted with with China Glaze Matte Magic:


Matted Mardi Gras

So which do you like better, the matted or the shiny?

Happy polishing!
M. 

37 comments:

  1. Gosh these colors make my mouth water! I prefer the plushness of the matte, but both are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I prefer the matte, too...I have a very similar mani done with different colors coming up, hope you'll like those colors too!

      Delete
  2. I like the matte version but both are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both look amazing but I prefer the matte

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous polish! The stamping you did with it looks really cool too. I think I like the matte version slightly better but both are pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matte makes everything better, doesn't it? ;-)

      Delete
  5. Very nice! Love the matte versiob!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with the stamping!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rarely think to add matte top coat (of course my bottles walk off constantly so that doesn't help), but I really need to do this more often. The shiny look is pretty, but I really like how your nail art looks mattified!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Typically, I like shiny manicures, but this one looks really nice matte. The stamping is a really nice touch over Selene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The base colour is so beautiful and I love that stamping on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The base colour is so beautiful and I love that stamping on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love matte manicures, this one is stunning matte!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks gorgeous matte and shiny! This is a stunning mani!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the stamping pattern and colors. Not sure which I prefer- they're both great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it matte! I'm going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wonder how this compares to Zoya Giovanna? You wouldnt happen to have that one too ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAY! Matte all the things! Matte is my Fairy Dust! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice! Love the matte versiob!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The matte version looks so gorgeous, I'd definitely go with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Usually I'm a shiny person, but I really like the matte!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the shiny! Beautiful stamping and color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both looks are great but I have to go with the matte version. By any chance do you know how close Selene is to Zuza?

    ReplyDelete
  22. They are both beautiful, I like it both ways equally I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like it both ways honestly. It is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  24. They are both gorgeous!! Though the matte allows the stamping to stand out a bit more, but I say mix it up and wear half matte and half shiny, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the stamping and color combo...that's a pretty green!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like it shiny, I'm not much of a matte fan!

    ReplyDelete
  27. +1 on "matte all the things"! :)
    Absinthe-minded, tho... LOVE that name!

    Needless to say, but I'll go ahead anyway: the mani is flawless, and I love that double stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this matted and I am not usually a matte fan!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!