Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Update on stolen videos...

Hello!

First, thanks to everyone for your support about my stolen videos. I appreciate it more than I can say!

Second, I wanted to let you know that YouTube is awesome. I was alerted to the stolen videos on Friday night, after business hours. I filled out the copyright infringement forms late into the night/early morning--not because the process is difficult to go through (it isn't), but because I was reporting 40ish videos.

By 9:40 on Monday morning, the videos had been removed and the channel had been shut down.

Assuming normal business hours, that means the turn around time was a little under two hours from the time they received my reports to the time action was completed. I find that to be pretty darned impressive, and it helps me feel so much better about using YouTube to post and store my videos.

THANK YOU YOUTUBE!!!! :)

I'll be back in a bit with my next review (with video.) :)

M.

10 comments:

  1. Wow that's amazing! I'm so glad the videos and the channel have been removed so quickly by Youtube - it sucks a lot when your art is stolen, but it suck even more when you have reported it and nothing is done about it (or only after a month's time or so). Go Youtube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was really impressed by what a great job they did. If only everything in life was cleaned up that easily! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's incredibly fast! It does make one respect them that much more.
    And I stand corrected; I see now why they don't let just anyone go about reporting stuff - guess it makes them take all this much more seriously when a complaint comes directly from the wronged party (*I KNOW* that it makes sense :)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was fast, and I really am impressed. I'm glad that they do take these things really seriously, because it feels so horrible when you're sitting there looking at your videos on someone else's channel and feeling helpless to do anything about it...:(

      Delete
  3. Good! I'm glad to hear the service actually cares about such things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? So many places/stores/companies/sites just don't give a damn...sigh.

      Delete
  4. I am so glad to hear that it all worked out well :)
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!