Friday, April 25, 2014

Before & After: For Kim & Alyssa

Hello!

I mentioned last time that my cousiniece (TM) was in the process of being born, and sure enough, she has officially come to join us, and I decided to make a special mani to welcome her to our lovely planet.

I started with a skittle manicure using Zoya Destiny (a rich tangerine texture polish) on my pinkie and ring fingers, and Zoya Rica (a golden-brown orange shimmer) on my middle and index fingers:

Zoya Destiny and Zoya Rica


Then I stamped using MoYou London Artist collection plate 02, and Sally Hansen Coco-A-Go-Go, and I used my dotting tool to add mustard and red acrylic paint accents:


Hush little baby, don't say a word

Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird



All of the different textures in the manicure made this a challenge to photograph without getting a massive glare on the baby's face, so I apologize that the hand positions are a little unusual. The top picture captures the colors most accurately.

Welcome, little Alyssa: may you have a very long and very happy life. I will always be here if there is every anything you need.

Love,

Your cousauntie Michelle

3 comments:

  1. That base color is pretty! Nice design for the stamping too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the addition to the family.
    This is a beautiful manicure. :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!