I'm extremely excited today to announce that I, along with a friend and colleague of mine, am hosting a nail art contest!
The prize will be a $50 gift certificate to Llarowe:
Leah Ann, the owner of Llarowe and purveyor of fine hard-to-get polishes, has very kindly offered to sponsor the contest by donating the gift certificate prize in support of our cause. What's the cause, you ask?
The purpose of the contest is to raise awareness about Inspire Me 2 Aspire, a social media networking site that connects teen-aged girls with adult mentors:
I have been helping the creator of Inspire Me 2 Aspire (IM2A), Jenny Ellis, to get the program off the ground, and we are looking for women from all walks of life to be mentors for a chat event on International Women's Day (March 8th). For more information about this event, please click here.
In light of that, the theme for the contest is 'Empowering Women'. This is a broad topic designed to give you freedom to express ideas about supporting other women, empowering them, helping them to achieve their dreams.
Here are the details about the contest:
- To submit your entry, please upload it to the Lacquer Or Leave Her! (LOLH) Facebook page, which you can find by clicking here.
- One entry per person, please.
- The manicure must include at least 4 fingers of one hand; you don't have to include the thumb in your entry, but we'd love it if you do!
- Please include an explanation of why your manicure fits the theme. This may be especially important if you do a design that is more abstract than literal.
- The deadline to submit your entry is noon on February 20, 2013.
- Since Jenny is not a nail blogger and doesn't follow nail art blogs (she doesn't even know who Scrangie is--OMG), she will be the unbiased judge who will pick the winner, along with two honorable mentions. Her decisions are final.
- The contest is open to anyone who wants to enter; Llarowe ships internationally to most countries, however there are some exceptions, and it's up to you to make sure you can use the gift certificate should you win it; we can't make substitutions.
- Pictures submitted to the contest may be used by LOLH, IM2A, or Llarowe, with proper photo credit to you and/or your blog.
The nail art entries for the contest will be posted to the LOLH and IM2A Pinterest boards; they will also be featured on the IM2A site, in an article about the contest and event (we will post these as the come in). Finally, the winning entry will be featured on the cover of IM2A's Facebook page for a month!
While it is absolutely not required in order for you to either enter or win the contest, we hope you will also take a moment to visit the IM2A site, and consider becoming a mentor. Please also spread the word to anyone else you know who might be interested--and remember, this isn't just for career women. It's for anyone who has overcome obstacles in their life, pursued a dream, or contributed to the world in a positive way from raising a child to volunteering for a cause, to, well, anything. We believe that every woman has something valuable to give back to the next generation--yes, that includes YOU. Click here to visit the site; if you scroll down to the bottom, there is an 'apply now' button.
I can't wait to see the nail art you all come up with! I know there is amazing talent out there, bring it!!
Thanks for reading, and a huge THANKS to Llarowe for generously providing the prize for the contest!!!!