Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Polish Days: Back To Nature

Hello!!

It's that time of month again, time for Polish Days! This month's theme is 'Back To Nature', and I took this opportunity to execute something I've been wanting to try for a while now, my version of a Monet-esque design on my nails.

I started off with a base of Maya It's Not Easy (every time I see that name, my brain adds on 'being green' lol). This is a pretty medium green with green and off-white glitters:






I wore this for a while on its own and I'm glad I did, because my nail art covered all of the pretty glitter, lol.

To give layered dimension, I stamped some daisies over the base color in Sally Hansen Lickety-Split Lime, and put yellow dots in the center with Sally Hansen Lightning. Then, using first the green, I saran-wrapped over the stamping, and then followed with a second layer of saran-wrap texture with the yellow:




Then I stamped over the background using Konad plate m57; first I stamped with Sinful Colors Dancing Nails, and then I stamped overlapping with Ana Hickman Escandalo!. Finally, I put dots in the center of the dark flowers using Julep Sienna:





I am in love with how this turned out, it reminds me of a beautiful impressionist garden scene. I love the play of texture and color, with little peeps of the underlying flowers showing through a tiny bit here and there. Hope you like it, too.

Thanks for looking, and please check out the other 'Back To Nature' manicures gathered together for this February Polish Day!

Xoxox,
M.

29 comments:

  1. i've nominated you for an award! (two actually) http://ramblesofapolishaddict.blogspot.com/2013/02/versitile-and-liebster-blogger-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I feel very honored that you picked me. :)

      Delete
  2. AHH I love it! I wish we had a polish days theme every month

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. LOL! When I saw your first comment I was like 'We do! Check out the site and join us!" LOL <3

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! I was glad it turned out well, I've been on a fail-roll lately with things I've been trying, so it was nice to have this one work, lol.

      Delete
  5. Wow!Q A complex manicure. But looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I first felt "where the glitter went!?" *lol*
    Nevertheless your flowers came up really adorable!
    I love both "before" and "after" mani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL about the glitter--I know right? I went a little more crazy with the saran-wrap technique than I meant to, lol. And thanks! :)

      Delete
  7. Maya It's Not Easy is stunning and i love what you have done :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really looks like a painting! It was interesting to see how you did it too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much! Luckily I remembered to take pictures as I went along, I rarely remember, lol. :)

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much! It's so awesome of you to think of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The color combo is something that I would never have thought of, and frankly I LOVE it! So great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's really nice to hear! :)

      Delete
  11. That's some true layering dedication there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Very true!! I just sort of kept going until it looked how I wanted it to, lol...that doesn't always end up so well for me though...>.>

      Delete
  12. Such a pretty wildflower meadow you captured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I really like that description! Thanks so much. :)

      Delete
  13. Super impressionistic job, Michelle! You achieved the goal. I AM reminded of Monet, Renoir and others.

    You nailed it! :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! That is high praise indeed. I'm so glad it worked and brought those artists to mind! :)

      Delete
  14. This is so, so pretty and I am glad you showed how you achieved the effect because I would be clueless otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm never sure what to post steps for or tutorials for, so I'm glad I chose well this time. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!