Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Before & After: Victorian Elegance

Hello!

Getting myself back on track and on-time with all of my challenges, I'm finally caught up again with my Llama Nails challenge--and this week's time period is the Victorian Era.

Oh, yeah, I can get on board with that. Flourishes and pretties and jewel-tones, oh my!

So, of course, I started with a jewel-tone, and then added some flourishes and pretties, lol. For my base coat I used Zoya Toni, a deep, smokey plum creme:


Zoya Toni, indirect sun

Zoya Toni, indirect light

This is one of those crellies that gives me fits during application; thank goodness I love the color, it's just stunning. :)

Next, I stamped using Pueen 23, and China Glaze Kalahari Kiss, a light beige creme. I used a small flourish pattern on three of the nails, and isolated the large flourish from another image on the plate. Finally, I added two half-pearls because the Victorians didn't do anything without as much embellishment as possible:


Victorian Elegance




 I love the combination of the off-white with the plum--it looks to me like something you'd find on the walls of a Victorian parlor. And of course, it's very me...didn't want to take it off. In fact, I'm wearing it as I type!

Thanks for looking--and please check out the other Victorian manis linked below. :)

Peace and love,
M.

4 comments:

Make my day--leave me a comment!