Thursday, January 8, 2015

Review and Before & After: MoYou London Punk 07

(Nothing to disclose)

Hello!

I'm back with another review, this time of MoYou London's Punk 07 plate, along with a test manicure for today's theme in the Crumpet's Nail Tarts' 31 Day challenge: 'red base'. Ah, red, you make me so happy...

Here is my video review of the plate, with my commentary about how to use it. Warning: I was very excited about this plate, lol!!




Here are the still photos for the plate:

MoYou London Punk Collection 07
MoYou London Punk Collection 07


MoYou London Punk Collection 07

MoYou London Punk Collection 07


And here it is with a standard Konad plate, so you can get a feel for how large the images are:



MoYou London Punk 07 vs. Konad
MoYou London Punk 07 vs. Konad


There is another plate in the collection with smaller versions of the images, so take a look for that if you have smaller nails. :)


For my test manicure, I started with China Glaze Stroll, a shimmery flecked red that I was surprised to find was a bit blotchy when I applied it (see my index finger):


China Glaze Stroll
China Glaze Stroll

China Glaze Stroll

China Glaze does such a good job of putting out a wide range of polishes with excellent application, it surprises me when I find one that doesn't apply well...Ah well, it's the exception that proves the rule, I guess.

Anyway, this is when nail art comes in even more handy! I stamped the brad/stud shapes from Punk 07 on my index and pinkie using Barry M Silver Foil, and the thick chains from MoYou London Fashionista 06 (which I will be reviewing on the 11th). Then I added some textured square brads over them for dimension:


Sheena is a punk rocker

Sheena is

A punk rocker now-ow-ow-ow-ow



I admit it, I love this look. It's fun, just a leeeetle bit edgy, and it's RED!! What's not to love!

By the way, MoYou London is currently running a special with free shipping worldwide between Jan 1-Jan11th, so now's the time to order if you've been putting it off. :)

Be sure to check out the other looks below, and thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
M.

14 comments:

  1. What a cool plate, and I love your manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes you just gotta be a little rock 'n' roll! :)

      Delete
  2. Great stamping plate to achieve some fun punk rock and edgy manicures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the manicure that you did!! That stamping plate looks really cool too. I don't stamp myself but I want that plate just for the I *heart* Beer stamp haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!!?? I saw that and thought, if only I could talk Mr. LOLH into wearing a punk manicure, that image would be perfect for him! Somehow I don't think it's going to happen tho...sigh...

      Delete
  4. \m/ ((punk)rock on!)

    Love your enthusiasm about this! AND your idea for the skeleton feet, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!