Sunday, January 4, 2015

Review and NOTD: MoYou London Kaleidoscope 04

(Nothing to disclose)

Hello!

Today I have a quick review for you of MoYou London's Kaleidoscope 04, along with a semi-fail but still happy manicure for today's 'happiness' theme in my Crumpet's Nail Tarts' 31 Day challenge. This is the second plate from the Kaleidoscope collection I'm reviewing; I also showed you Kaleidoscope 06 a while back, so take a look at that for a different idea on how to use these plates.  :)

Here's the video review portion:




And here are the still images of the plates:


MoYou London Kaleidoscope 04
MoYou London Kaleidoscope 04


MoYou London Kaleidoscope 04

MoYou London Kaleidoscope 04

And here is a comparison with a standard Konad plate so you can get a feel for how large the designs are:






I did a mani to both test out this plate, and to play around with the stamping + nail foil technique I told you about a while back, to see how much coverage I could get with the technique. I started with Orly Ablaze, and then stamped over it using Barry M Gold Foil on all nail except the accent nails; on those I used Sally Hansen Mint Sprint:



Let the sun shine in




I think this is a great sunshine sort of look, it could even be stars at Christmas time. So just because the plate says Kaleidoscope, don't let that limit you! Also, when I first looked at this image on the plate, this center 'star' design didn't pop out at me as much, because it's hard to remember which parts of the design are going to show and which aren't. So I would recommend doing a quick stamp with each image on a sheet of paper or some such, so you can see the full potential of each image. :)

This was a test mani in the truest sense--I was playing around with techniques and colors and plates, and didn't intend for it to be put up on the blog, originally. So the stamping isn't perfect, and neither is the foil transfer. But, it's such a bright, happy, fun manicure, I thought it would be perfect for the theme of 'happiness', particularly in the middle of winter, so I decided to go ahead and post it, despite the flaws. I hope it brings you a ray of January joy!

Hugs,
M.

12 comments:

  1. This has such a cool retro vibe that I love! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's definitely very retro, lol. :)

      Delete
  2. This is one collection of plates from MoYou London that I'm totally eying. I used to have one of these kaleidoscope telescope when I was younger and these plates totally remind of that. Some gorgeous full nail designs to them too which I love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is one of their most popular sets. There's something about kaleidoscope patterns that are just amazingly pretty and have incredible versatility. :)

      Delete
  3. This plate looks so fun! Thanks for the review and lovely mani pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look like some really nice stamping images! I love the manicure you did too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The plates make it easy in this case, I must admit. :)

      Delete
  5. Your evil laugh gave a ray of joy cuz it was so silly. <3 Thanks to you I know I have to buy the larger image plates, even tho they have fewer designs, if I want to have a chance of them fitting my claws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee hee, what can I say, nail plates bring it out in me! ;-) And yes, based on what I've seen of your claws, I think the XL is definitely the way to go for you. :)

      Delete
  6. lol, that laugh is epic! :D

    But oh my is this mani cool or what! I LOOOVEEE the accent nail!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muah hah hahhhh!!! ;-) I love that nail foil technique, it's sooooo awesome...

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!