Thursday, December 17, 2015

Before & After: The Lady Varnishes Give Me What I Want + UberChic Beauty Christmas 01

(Press sample)

Hello!

Today's theme in the Winter Nail Art Challenge is: Christmas sweater! I love Christmas sweaters, and defend them vociferously--they aren't ugly (most of them), they're beautiful expressions of holiday joy! That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

Despite that, I don't think I've ever done a Christmas sweater manicure on the blog, so this was past due.

To start with, I used The Lady Varnishes Give Me What I Want, a deep plum scatter-fleck holo from the Maleficent collection (see my full review here):

The Lady Varnishes Give Me What I Want
The Lady Varnishes Give Me What I Want

I chose this lovely because I wanted the undercoating of my 'sweater' to have a beautiful sparkle to it. Next I used two images from UberChic Beauty Christmas 01:


UberChic Beauty Christmas 01
UberChic Beauty Christmas 01


I stamped the images with Barry M Cotton, and finished off with some three-dimensional snowflake accents, because when you go out in your awesome sweater, you're probably gonna get a few flakes of snow on it! Here's how it turned out: 


The Lady Varnishes Give Me What I Want uberchic beauty christmas 01
Awesome Christmas Sweater manicure
 The Lady Varnishes Give Me What I Want + UberChic Beauty Christmas 01
That's right, I said AWESOME, not ugly

 The Lady Varnishes Give Me What I Want + UberChic Beauty Christmas 01
Awesomest Christmas Sweater mani ever!

What do you think? Would you wear that sweater? What about the mani?


Happy stamping!
M.



7 comments:

  1. It does look beautiful!! And I totally agree...very few Christmas sweaters are ugly! Beautifully stamped and I NEED THAT PLATE!!! Also love the base color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! The Christmas sweater looking stamping is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous mani! This kind of patterns is perfect for longer nails like yours!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!