Have you found yourself wondering if you might be a little too attached to your nail polish? Do people look at you a little funny when you begin talking about your manicures, your favorite polishes, and how they're not dupes? Does your significant other try to hide your credit card every time a red tag sale is announced at Sally Beauty? If so, you may have a problem...Take a look at these statements and see if they apply to you:
1) You can polish your nails a different color every day for a year...and still not get through all of the polishes in your collection.
2) You refer to your nail polishes as a collection.
3) You see a manicure and can identify not only the name of the polish and the brand that makes it, you also know the following: what collection it came from, what season and year it came out, whether or not it is discontinued, and if it is discontinued, you either know where it can still be found or which other colors/brands are close enough to substitute for it.
4) You refer to a manicure as a 'mani'.
5) For you, the words 'no-buy' and 'untried' are nouns (rather than a verb and and adjective) and the word 'lemming' is a verb (rather than a noun).
6) You change your mani at least as often as you wash your hair.
7) You have a special bin/rack/drawer/location for your untrieds. And it never, ever, ever comes close to being empty.
8) You know exactly what both unicorn pee and unicorn puke look like.
9) Your itinerary for any trip to Brazil/Australia/England includes one or more stops specifically set aside for buying nail polish.
10) You often go around with two different manis on your left vs. right hands.
11) You don't have to worry about getting caught looking at Facebook at work, because you're always admiring your own mani instead.
12) You are so proud of yourself for making it a whole week into your month-long no-buy that you celebrate by buying yourself a bottle of nail polish.
13) You not only know what a franken is, you know how it differs from an indie.
If you identify with one or more of these statements, you may have a polish problem...
*squeals* Nail mail is here, gotta go!!!