Thursday, December 26, 2013

Before & After: Inspired by Gustav Klimt

Hello!!

This month's theme in the Nail Challenge Collaborative is 'Inspired by Art', and you know I love that type of theme. Unfortunately, with the Christmas crazies, I totally forgot about it until now. So, I am going to try to get at least two manicures up on the theme before the end of the month. :)

Today I chose to be inspired by Gustav Klimt's The Kiss:



For my version I started with a base of China Glaze Unpredictable, the Peridot dupe from their Bohemian collection:


China Glaze Unpredictable

Next, I did something I've been wanting to do since I first saw MoYou-London's Artist Collection 04 plate, which itself is inspired by The Kiss; I stamped different parts of the plate using Konad black, and then decorated it with acrylic paint and rhinestones:


Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight

Lead me out on the moonlit floor

Lift your open hand, strike up the band


And make the fireflies dance, silver moon's sparkling

Tomorrow I will be doing a review of this plate, so this is sort of a prequel to that...In the meantime, I am completely over the moon about this mani. I love how it came out, it captures the texture, color, and metallic scheme of the original. When I look down, I feel like I have an actual work of art on my fingers. I'm not even bothered that the Konad polish smeared on her face a little. :)

Stay tuned tomorrow for my review of the plate, with some other suggestions on how to use it. :)

Big hugs!!
M.

21 comments:

  1. Wow what amazing detail! Love the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm still wearing it, I just love it...sigh...:)

      Delete
  2. The Kiss is one of my all-time favorite pieces and I've been eying that MoYou plate for months now. You've done a phenomenal job recreating this on your nails....LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my favorites, too--so incredible to be able to have something on my nails that bears some resemblance to it. Stay tuned for a very Haring New Year...:)

      Delete
  3. Truly amazing!! I really do love your "inspired by artist/work of art" creations.
    I normally don't like rhinestones & such, but they work so great here! Are some of them in her hair as well? I kinda can't tell..but would be awesome if they are :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my favorite, too, truth be told. I feel like that theme really allows me to go to a different place with my nail art, and I really love what I end up doing. I will definitely be continuing them in the new year. :) And no, there aren't any in her hair, but I wanted there to be! But the rhinestones I had were just a bit too big, they would have looked funny. Sigh...

      Delete
  4. Truly fantastic! I love the added touch of rhinestones and little pops of colour.
    You rocked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks so much!! ::blushes:: I'm still wearing it three days later, which I rarely do, so you can tell I am really happy with it...<3

      Delete
  5. This manicure is so great!!! I really just love it! The colours are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's easily in my top 10 favorite manis. :)

      Delete
  6. great Idea how to use Gustav Klimt collection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is one of my all-time favorite manicures. :)

      Delete
  7. great Idea how to use Gustav Klimt collection :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!