Are you ready for some zombies??
Today is the first of two zombie days in my Halloween challenges. The first comes courtesy of Crumpet Nail Tarts, and I'm extremely stoked about it because I've been waiting to use China Glaze's It's Alive for zombie nails since I bought it back in April. Here's what I came up with:
|I can haz brains? Outside indirect light|
|Mmm...that brain looks awfully nommy!!! (inside light)|
Here's how I made it:
1) Use Blackheart Beauty Amsterdam as the base color for the ring finger, and China Glaze's Zombie Zest for the rest. Realize Zombie Zest doesn't quite give you enough of that chunky zombie feel that you want, and remember that you had another China Glaze polish that you'd been wanting to use for zombies...Try to remember what it's called and where you put it...Finally find it, and use China Glaze's It's Alive for your second coat of base polish.
2) Use a matte topcoat to make the It's Alive look even more dead-zombie-ish. Realize that once you put Seche Vite over your nail art, it will completely undo the matte effect. Facepalm several times.
3) Use Cheeky XL plate D to stamp the brain pattern in pink holo. Realize this doesn't show up very well, but will bleed into the white you were afraid to use, giving you the pinkish look you were hoping for. Stamp the pattern a second time using Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On.
4) Using your largest dotting tool, put two dots of Spoiled's Mind Your Own Beeswax for eyeballs on your zombie. Using the same tool, take a dot of Wet n Wild Black Creme and place it closest to the brain side of the nail; drag it across the nail to create a mouth. Let this all dry.
5) Using a medium dotting tool, put two dots of Pure Ice's Wild Thing in on the side of your zombie's eyeballs.
6) Mix some White On with some Sally Hansen Beige Blast. Using a small dotting tool, make little teeth inside your zombie's black mouth. Drag the ones closest to the brain down a bit to make them a little longer. Using the same dotting tool, use Pure Ice's Siren to drag some dots of blood down around the zombie's mouth. Finally, using Manic Panic Blood Thirsty, put a tiny dot inside of the green dots in your zombie's eyes.
7) Cover everything with Seche Vite and enjoy your little zombies!
Thanks for taking a look, and please check out the other zombie manicures linked below. :)