Saturday, October 27, 2012

Dupe Or No Dupe: Quickie post!

Hello everyone!

Recently I got a chance to try out the Sally Hansen Lustres and while I had access to them, I did a quick comparison post between Sally Hansen Lustre Firefly, Sally Hansen Lustre Plume and China Glaze Swanky Silk. I don't actually own the two Sally Hansens, so I had to jump on the opportunity to get them, and so the polish job isn't the most perfect (don't judge the texture of these polishes based on these pictures, only the colors). But it does the job!

In the pictures, I have the colors on in this order:

Index finger: China Glaze Swanky Silk
Middle finger and pinkie: Sally Hansen Lustre Shine Plume
Ring finger: Sally Hansen Lustre Shine Firefly

China Glaze Swanky Silk, Sally Hansen Plume, Sally Hansen Firefly, Sally Hansen Plume

Swanky Silk, Plume, Firefy, Plume

So, dupe or no dupe? No Dupe, but the colors on all of these are very similar, and in my opinion you can get away with owning only one of them if you like. Plume has a green-gold duochrome with a flash that feels a bit reddish-bronze. Swanky Silk and Firefly both have green-gold duochrome with a rose-pink flash; the only difference is in the intensity of the pink. In Swanky Silk the flash is a bit more subtle, while in Firefly it's a bit more intense.

Can you justify owning all three if you want to? Of course, since none of them are exact dupes ::evil grin::. But you can certainly get by with one. My personal recommendation would be China Glaze, because you can get it for half the price. And half the price means twice da polishez!

Thanks for reading. :)

Xoxox,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day--leave me a comment!