Saturday, October 27, 2012

NOTD: Influenced by scary movie

Hello!!

Today's prompt in the CNT Halloween challenge is 'influenced by a scary movie'. As I was working on recreating a manicure I liked from earlier in the competition (the last prompt in each of the challenges is to recreate someone else's manicure), I was inspired to do Amityville Horror for this prompt. :)

To do this, I wanted an evil looking house, so I went with a blood red house under a spooky night sky. Then, of course, I had to represent all of the ghosts lurking around the house:


Horror House--are those ghosts flying away, or just circling?

Fly away ghosties! Fly away!

To create the manicure, I started with a base of China Glaze Smoke And Ashes, and added a layer of Max Factor Fantasy Fire to give the night sky a little mystery. I freehanded the moon with Pure Ice Silver Mercedes, and the house with Pure Ice siren and Sally Hansen Lightning. I stamped the ghosts using Anna plate W227, and Sally Hansen White On. And there you have it!

Thanks for looking, and please check out the other scary movie manicures linked below. :)

Xoxox,
M.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day--leave me a comment!