Friday, January 18, 2013

Before & After: Glitter sandwich and daisies

Hello!

Today's theme in the 31 Day Challenge is to use your oldest untried. I love this prompt, because it kicked my butt to use some untrieds that have been sitting in my unused pile laughing maniacally at me...In this case, two pretty, but very sheer, polishes that I got at Ulta. I bought these on-line and didn't realize how sheer they were until I got them, and since then I've been a bit unsure what to do with them.

I've been experimenting with jellies a bit in the past month, and layering them for glitter sandwiches. So I figured I'd do the same with these, since while they aren't jellies, they are perfect layering polishes.

Here are the three polishes I used, in the layering order I used the, from left to right. They are: Ulta Oh!, Orly Be Brave, and Ulta Goddess:

Ulta Oh!, Orly Be Brave, and Ulta Goddess

Here is the resulting glitter sandwich:

Inside, artificial light

Outside, indirect light
I think this is soft and pretty on its own, but I felt like it needed something more. So for the final touch, I stamped over the manicure to give it a little extra punch. I used China Glaze Awaken and some pretty flowers from Bundle Monster 205:



While I do think this is a pretty color combination between the base and the stamping polish, the glitter really got lost underneath the stamping. I should have used either a bit more glitter, or a slightly sparser patter to stamp with if I wanted that glitter to show through. That said, I was happy with this and I'd definitely use this color combination again.

Thanks for looking! Please do check out what the other participants did below. :)

Xoxox,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day--leave me a comment!