Day 12 of the 31 Day Challenge, and I'm still alive and in it...it's put me behind on a few other aspect of my blog, but that's okay! I will be victorious!! I will! Maybe!! I hope...lol.
Today's prompt is to do a tape mani. I decided to use scotch tape to do a half-and-half colorblocking mani:
|Half and half colorblock :)|
|To the side...to the side...|
1) I used Color Club Alter Ego to create a base across the whole nail.
2) I used scotch tape to block off half of each nail. Make sure if you're using this technique to stick the tape to your skin once or twice to make it a bit less sticky, that way it won't pull off any of your polish when you remove it.
3) On the exposed half of the nail, I covered with Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris.
4) Once the black half was dry, I stamped over it (with tape either still in place, or put back into place) with Pure Ice Silver Mercedes and Cheeky plate GA27.
5) Place silver one silver bead in the center of a flourish on each nail except the accent nail; on that nail put a rhinestone a bit further down.
6) Ruin the whole thing by putting a stripe of Silver Mercedes down the dividing line of the nail, when you probably should have used a strip of silver nail tape for a cleaner, more professional look.
7) In your despair over the bad stripe decision, apply your Seche Vite carelessly so you smear your stamping a bit.
And there you have it! My tape mani that would have been better if I had added nail tape in addition to using the scotch tape method. Sort of ironic...:P
Thanks for looking, and don't forget to check out the other participants, linked below. :)