Friday, December 20, 2013

Review: Incoco Winter 2013/14 Collection (& simple nail art!)

Hello!

Yes, it's true...I'm falling more and more in love with nail wraps, and today I'm going to share with you some samples that Incoco recently sent me from their 2013-14 Winter Collection. :)

Their winter collection is huge--there are 24 designs to choose from. Winter colors and bling are well-represented, with jewel tones and winter patterns galore. Only two of them have a decidedly Christmas feel to them, and the rest of them can definitely be worn the rest of winter, or even the rest of the year. Here are the four they sent me in the package:


Incoco After Party


Incoco Merry & Bright

Incoco Galactic Glitz

Incoco Ice Queen

I got lucky and received four little package of blingy beauties, each with something a little special. I'm going to show you of them on the nail today, and I'm going to use the others for New Year's manicures, because Ice Queen in particular screams New Year's to me. :)

Here is Merry & Bright, which is my absolute favorite of the four; it's a gold base with a swirl of red, pink, and purple in a water-marble sort of look. In the package, it didn't really call out to me, but once I put it on the nail, I realized it's much more prettier than it looks at quick glance--the red-pink-purple of the stripes change with the light, there is a soft gold sheen to the whole nail, and there is a subtle holographic glitter that peeps and lights up the nail with sparkle:






Blurred a bit to show the glow

The bottom picture shows the effect of the glitter best; it looks like a Christmas tree is constantly being reflected in your nails. I was completely mesmerized by these. :)


Also beautiful is After Party, a so-dark-it's-almost-black midnight blue wrap with three colors and sizes of blue glitter:


Incoco After Party

Incoco After Party
 
Incoco After Party

Isn't this the perfect set to wear to your office Christmas party or a New Year's even party? Just remember to be a little careful with the glitter ones when you are filing off the top, because they rip a little more easily than the other wraps. :)

I wanted to give these a quick holiday accent, so I used Bunny Nails HD-F to add some simple stamping: 





No time? No sweat. Throw these on and take literally 30 seconds to stamp on some extra holiday pretty, and you're ready to go.

See you tomorrow with my favorite specialty holiday polishes...

Hug and loves,
M.

12 comments:

  1. so pretty!
    I am thinking to buy some stamp nail art kit. DO you have any suggestion ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh heck yeah! Are you a total beginner, or just looking to branch out? I usually recommend that beginners start with Konad if they can, because the products are top-notch, and they make it easier to learn. But these days, the quality of most plates is pretty high, so it's more about the designs that you like. I have a ton of plate reviews on my youtube channel, and in the description of each video, you can find the link to stills of the plates: https://www.youtube.com/user/mishka824m

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They do really pretty wraps, and have such a great variety...:)

      Delete
  3. Oh, Merry & Bright is adorable, looks like a really cool water marble (brrr, messy!).
    I'm beginning to think I'd need to finally get my hands onto some of these, they do seem so handy, mess-free and quick to apply!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! That's one of the things I love about it, it's something I can't do on my own, particularly how they did it with the subtle glitter and shimmer, and the mix of colors. :)

      Delete
  4. Dang! Don't you get all the goodies in your stocking. LOL Looking fab, dahling! I wonder if using a clean up brush & acetone would work for 'trimming' the surplus off the tips without the tearing one can get from using a file? (at least for the Incoco real polish wraps. I don't think this would work with the more plastic ones.) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good idea, but I don't think it would be the best way. I tried using a fairly oversize wrap at one point, and cleaned up the edges with acetone and a brush. If you only have a little bit of overlap, it's fine. But if you have too much, it gets messy and icky. No, if you trimmed it with nail scissors really closely, that might work...but honestly I think it's easier just to go lightly with the nail file on them. :)

      Delete
  5. After Party looks like a jelly with glitter.Very nice wraps. I've become very interested in wraps recently, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In person it's a little more crelly, but yes, pretty much. :) It's funny I never was really that tempted to try them until they sent me a sample, and now I love them...guess they pulled me on in! :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!