Saturday, December 28, 2013

Luscious Layers: Textured polishes on top!

Hello there!

I know you know I love to put different colors on top of my textured polishes to make almost any polish into a textured polish. But I recently discovered that I can get very cool effects by layering them over other colors, as well.

To demonstrate, first take a look at Sinful Colors Got A Blush On You, a charming magenta textured polish with blue flecks:

Sinful Colors Got A Blush On You

Sinful Colors Got A Blush On You


When I first got this polish, I happened to be wearing Orly Galaxy Girl, and I was impatient to see how it looked, so I just threw it on over the Galaxy Girl. It looked nothing like a the color in the bottle, and it no longer looked like Galaxy Girl, which looks like this:


Orly Galaxy Girl

Here is what the amazing concoction looked like when I put Got A Blush On You over Galaxy Girl:


Sinful Colors Got A Blush On You over Orly Galaxy Girl

Sinful Colors Got A Blush On You over Orly Galaxy Girl

Sinful Colors Got A Blush On You over Orly Galaxy Girl


The moral of the story is...play with layers, and beautiful things might just happen. :)

Hugs and loves,
M.

16 comments:

  1. That is awesome, you don't think to layer textures over undies!!! I will try this! I just put in the purple Sinful Colors Crystal Crushes color tonight, but by itself....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to playing with this more...I wonder how well lighter polish shows up under the darker textured polishes, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. :)

      Delete
  2. Well, I didn't know that you do that.. but am so happy right now, because I love doing that too! :)
    I was so excited when I realised I can sort of achieve a "leather effect" with this (like the one you get from Nails Inc, which is just too expensive).

    And I LOVE how these 2 look together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love stretching polishes any way I can...hee hee. :)

      Delete
  3. Brilliant idea - what a find - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You beat me to it! lol I had the same thought when I compared 2 SH Sugars. The light blue bases were so sheer I had VNL & wondered if pink undies would make them look purple. Oh....how old is Galaxy Girl? Me likely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty old, two years I think, but I'm pretty sure it's fairly widely available. You should be able to find it...:)

      Delete
  5. I love this! I wish I had a Rite Aid by me because I want the Crystal Crushers so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. My Rite Aid is very hit and miss, they get some things and others they don't. But in my case that probably just saves me money, lol!

      Delete
  6. So very brilliant! I really need to get some of those Sinfuls. We don't have them here :( But I do have Galaxy Girl and it's easily one of my favorite polishes. You and me both seem to have soft spots for Orly and Misa. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love both of those brands...I wish Misa would put out more collections. And I adore that whole collection that Galaxy Girl is from, but I don't have them all...yet...

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!