Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Before & After: What Child Is This?

Hello!

It's Christmas Eve, everyone! To me, Christmas Eve is almost as important as Christmas Day, although I often end up spending it scrabbling to finish things. And eating. Lots of eating. :)

The other day in my post of favorite holiday specialty polishes, I described a manicure I thought would look cute with a particular polish, and loved the idea so much I had to do it.

I started with 6 Harts Midnight Delight, a dark shimmery purple with a subtle sprinkle of silver glitter:

6 Harts Midnight Delight
 


I mentioned that I thought this would be a perfect base for a Nativity manicure, and that you could do a quick one with the design on Bunny Nails HD-F. So, I put may plate where my fingers was, and I stamped this one, using Barry M Silver Foil; I stamped the star from HD-E. I also freehanded a silver stripe across the bottom for a strip of ground:



What child is this, who laid to rest, on Mary's lap lay sleeping?

Whom angels greet with anthems sweet

While shepherds watch are keeping?


Peaceful and serene...And fast, my dear friends. This is a 5-minute manicure, believe it or not (well, the nail art part). Yes, it would have taken a minute or two more for me to redo the palm trees, and I probably should have...but palm trees tend to have gnarly bark, so I decided this just looks authentic. ;-)

Merry Christmas everyone,
M.



6 comments:

  1. Love how deep that purple is! Matches so well with the silver design on top too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty... Eating is the best part of xmas for me :D I did my Xmas manicure a couple hrs before the 25th

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Eating ROCKS!!! (no idea why I struggle with my weight, lol). I did the same thing this year, my Christmas mani was the last thing I did before I went to bed on Christmas Eve, lol.

      Delete
  3. Hehe the palms trees look completely legit to me, good job! I can't believe that all the nail art part took was five minutes, that's crazy impressive! Such a beautiful job, thanks for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn straight!! lol. The funny thing is, IRL, you couldn't really even tell that the palm trees were a little messed up at all. Funny how the close ups show every single flaw, sigh! Yup, only 5 minutes, although if I had made sure the stamping was fully perfect, probably twice that. But I like to show 'simple' manis that show people they can do some really pretty nail art in no time flat. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!