Monday, July 2, 2012

MSMD Monday: Galaxy Nails!

Hello!

Today for Monkey-See-Monkey-Do Monday I decided to finally try my hand at galaxy nails. I fell in love with this look back before I even discovered nail stamping--my niece linked me a tutorial of it, and it was beautiful. Here is the most recent version I've seen; you can see it by clicking here.

Here is my version of the galaxy nails look. I wanted to go for a more purple look, but I think I took it a little too pink (this is what happens when you only have two pinks to choose from):
Galaxy nails in the shade

Galaxy nails in the sun

To make them, I started with a base of Orly's Galaxy Girl (seriously, how could I not?). On top of it, I sponged Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Beige Blast in a swirl across the nail; then I sponged LA Colors Tropical Breeze over it, covering most of it except here and there; then I sponged China Glaze's Flirty Tankini down the center of the purple, to give it depth.

Then I covered the full nail with China Glaze's Fairy Dust, and while that was drying, I used a dotting tool to add some random stars in white. In my opinion, that was too stark, so I covered most of them with Pure Ice's Silver Mercedes. Next time I'll use that to start with. :)

I do love this look, and I want to try it in different colors--next time I'm going to try blue and purple.

Hope you like it, and thanks for stopping by. Please check out the other ladies who participated in MSMD monday, shown below. :)

M.



8 comments:

  1. These are so fabulous!!! I've tried galaxy on many occasions and always seem to fail. Love your blog, we're new followers :) xx

    handeenailtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll find the tutorial I originally saw and link it for you--she makes it really easy. And thanks for following, I'm glad to have you here! *runs to check out your blog*

      Delete
    2. Here is the original tutorial I saw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EMgt4_jW5U

      Delete
  2. Nice! I will do it with my nails!

    Melina

    www.comotepintaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are probably my favorite galaxy nails I have seen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is quite a compliment! Thank so much! *blushes*

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!