Saturday, September 8, 2012

NOTD: Summer Sunset

Hello everyone!

Today is the final theme in CNT's Summer Challenge. And that makes me sad.

Yes, there will be another challenge starting shortly after this one ends, in October; it will be far less intense (once per week instead of 4 times per week). And, I hope to join another group that will be starting an ABC challenge soon (also once per week). But you know what they say--you never forget your first time. Especially when it has played such a big role in the nail polish part of my life. Through this challenge I've met lovely bloggers and have learned amazing techniques. I've improved some skills and learned others. And I've stretched myself creatively in fun (and frustrating!) ways. So this challenge will always have a special place in my heart.

This theme is fitting, in my opinion...a sunset marks and end to a day, just the way this theme marks the end of the challenge. So, my Summer Sunset manicure is also a way for me to say goodbye to this challenge through nail polish.

What with all of that poetic prose, you'd think that my manicure would be some gorgeous, amazing creation. Sadly, it's not. It's perfectly okay, but it didn't come out the way I wanted it to come out, and I don't think that's a coincidence--I think there is a part of me that just didn't want this to end, so just couldn't put together a mani that pulled together. Everything went wrong along the way, from the design to the cleaning up of my cuticles. So I did a second version which I like better...but it's still not quite what I wanted. Sigh...that's how things are sometimes.

Anyway, here are both versions, for what they are worth: my salute to my very first nail-art challenge. I'll show you the better version first:


Summer Sunset--better version

Here is what I used for this first version:
Wet n Wild I Need A Refresh-Mint
Color Club Pure Energy
Zoya Crystal
China Glaze Sun Worshipper, Fairy Dust & Smoke and Ashes
Barielle Soul-er Powered
Sally Hansen Orange Impulse & Lightning
Pure Ice Silver Mercedes
Cheeky CH37
Shany SH08


Summer Sunset--sort-of-fail version

Here is what I used: for the second version:

Wet n Wild I Need A Refresh-Mint
China Glaze Brownstone, Sun Worshipper, Fairy Dust & Smoke and Ashes
Barielle Soul-er Powered
Sally Hansen Orange Impulse
Pure Ice Silver Mercedes
Cheeky CH37
Shany SH08

One last thing. I want to say a huge thank you to Debbie, Queen Crumpet, for all of the work she does to make CNT a fun, supportive place to learn, share, and create. :)

Thanks for looking! Please check out the other summer sunsets by the other CNT bloggers, linked below. :)

M.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous summer sunsets! Very creative design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! A lovely side benefit is I realized I really like blue and yellow together. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!