Sunday, September 2, 2012

Indie-licious Before & After MSMD: Whimsical Ideas by Pam: Georgia Peach Fuzz

Hello!

Today I am going to revisit a technique that I previously featured as an MSMD--but with a twist...hee hee hee...

I started with the Indie beauty, Georgia Peach Fuzz by Whimsical Ideas by Pam. This unique darling is a creamy peach base with tons of copper glitter in it:

Whimsical Ideas By Pam: Georgia Peach Fuzz (sunlight)

Whimsical Ideas by Pam: Georgia Peach Fuzz (shade)
 I only used two coats for these photos because I only wanted a splash underneath to peek through my planned design, so there is a little VNL here. :) But, this polish is wonderful, and it was my choice to show the VNL; the polish applies really well, and the glitter stand up tall and proud. I have another of Pam's polishes, and it's the same story there--excellent quality, no fishing needed, unique colors. The only issue I have with these polishes is they take a liiiiittle bit longer to dry than other polishes, but not much and nothing that can't be fixed with your favorite fast-dry topcoat. :) I highly recommend you check out her stuff; You can find her store here. :)

Then, I decided I wanted to play with the nail-tape gradient technique that I originally saw here. I have tried this technique once before; you can see my first attempt by clicking here. I had been talking about this technique with Dina of Secretary's Nail Art and she showed me an attempt she'd done with pink polishes which you can see here. For some reason, when I saw it, the thought popped in my mind: Glitter! I need to do this with peek-a-boo glitter, so that you only see the glitter on that part that was covered by the nail tape. So I used Georgia Peach Fuzz as my base, and sponged China Glaze's Platinum Gold over my carefully placed nail tape...and you couldn't see a darned thing. It came out so bad, I didn't even bother to take a good picture of it:



But I am not a quitter! I do not give up! I will not be defeated! So, I decided to give it another try, using stripes of painter's tape cut a bit wider, so that more of the underwear would show:





Ah yes, now that's better! I still can't claim to be 100% in love with it; I think the colors are too neutral for this sort of design. Also, while I tried to do a sort of spiral thing on the accent nail, that was a complete FAIL. But I do like it quite a lot, and I love how the glitter shows through the peek-a-boo stripes. So I have every intention of playing around with this a bit more, and I'm sure you'll be seeing some other version again soon.

Thanks for stopping by to look! I posted this a day early, but it's my MSMD for this week. Please check out the ones done by the other CNTs, linked below. :)

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day--leave me a comment!