Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Before & After: Freehand fall leaves

Hello!

Okay, so. I showed you a fall leaf manicure as my last nail art. Today I'm going to show you another fall leaf manicure 'cause I'm in the mood for it and it's my blog so I can cry if I want to! Wait, that's not right...

Anyway...For this one, I started with Picture Polish Mallard, one of those awesome ugly-pretty polishes; it's a deep, almost-black green with a gorgeous forest green shimmer and a rainbow of fall-leaf colored flakies:


Picture Polish Mallard, 2 coats, artificial light

Those flakies make me think of fall leaves, so I figured I'd add some more on top of the. I stamped on a tree branch with Barry M Gold Foil and QA21. After that, I freehanded some leaves on to it, with moderate success:


 


I like it, but it isn't quite what I was hoping for. Maybe it's one of those you're-your-own-worst-critic things...Point is, I'm not sure why I'm in a fall leaf sort of mood lately, but it might be a good thing, 'cause I clearly need practice freehanding them...

Thanks for stopping by. :) Hugs and loves,
M.

2 comments:

  1. Those are perfectly good representations of autumn leaves! When you're feeling critical of your efforts, keep in mind that most manis look best at arms length. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for making me feel better about them! You rock. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!