Tuesday, December 23, 2014

NOTD + Alternate: Christmas Eve eve

(Nothing to disclose)

Hello!!

It's Christmas Eve eve, and to celebrate, I have two manis done with two of my favorite holiday polishes. Well, I have two versions of one mani, and I'd love to hear which one you like best.

One of my favorite holiday polishes from last year was InDecisive Nail Lacquer Bloodstone (click here to see my original review of that polish), a Christmas-fir-tree green polish with gold shimmer and gold and red glitters. It looks like a Renaissance Christmas in a bottle, and I've been looking forward to playing with it for Christmas all year long. I decided to pair it with my favorite holiday polish from this year, Color Club Marina, a textured gold foil polish. Here's what I came up with:






For my original idea, I stamped an image from Cisi&Sisi plate 23 (with Barry M Gold Foil) onto my ring and pinkie. Then I stamped ornaments onto my index and middle finger from Winstonia W222 with Konad Red; I wanted to pull out the red glitter from Bloodstone. Finally, I went over the ribbon with Sally Hansen Jumpin' Jade to match it to the color scheme. I wanted to make sure that Bloodstone to shine through, so I left my thumb undecorated.


I love how it turned out, but when I was cleaning up my nail area, my hand settled on some magical rhinestones that looked just perfect for the colors in the manicure, so I tried a second version:





This version doesn't pull out the red as much from the glitter, but the orange/red portions of the reflective rhinestones go beautifully with it, and give a very Victorian feel. I honestly can't decide which version I like better--which do you prefer?

By the way, I had a horrible time taking pictures of version #2 because one of my darling kitties was photobombing me...clearly he wanted to be featured in the blog, so I thought I'd give him a little teeny appearance here, :)

Hugs and hope you're all set for tomorrow if you celebrate it!
M.
An InLinkz Link-up

10 comments:

  1. How pretty! I like both versions of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first look, but I *love* the second look! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I keep going back and forth...I think it would have to depend on my outfit. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, Bloodstone is gorgeous! As is Marina, too.
    Hmm, I think I like the first version better; the red baubles complete the whole look a bit better.

    Oh, and happy holidays to you and your dearest ones. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy holidays, darling!!! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season, with not too much snow. ;-)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!