Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Before & After: Silent Snowfall

(Nothing to disclose)

Hello!

Today's theme in the Challenge Your Nail Art's 12 days of Christmas challenge is 'ice blue and white colors'.  That gives me a perfect excuse to show you a beautiful textured glitter, Orly's Aqua Pixel:


Orly's Aqua Pixel
Orly's Aqua Pixel

Orly's Aqua Pixel
Orly's Aqua Pixel

Orly's Aqua Pixel
Orly's Aqua Pixel


Then I added a coat of InDecisive Nail Lacquer's White Speckled, to add some white sparkle:



InDecisive Nail Lacquer White Speckled over Orly Aqua Pixel
InDecisive Nail Lacquer White Speckled over Orly Aqua Pixel

InDecisive Nail Lacquer White Speckled over Orly Aqua Pixel


Finally, I  used some snowflake stickers I've had for a while and been wanting to try; I put a layer of topcoat over them to make sure they stayed put:



Great day for a snowstorm!





As a stamper, stickers feel a bit like cheating sometimes...but they're fast and fun, and I say why not! I love the way the light plays on this manicure, and it definitely has an icy feel to my eyes. :)


Hugs. :)
M.

14 comments:

  1. Oh dangit. I wish I'd had Aqua Pixel when I did my blue/white camo design! It's beautiful and perfect for your snowflake stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love that polish, it's so much more versatile than you might think. Very fun!

      Delete
  2. Pretty snowflake manicure. That base color from Orly goes so well with the snowflake stamping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! But I have to admit...>.>....the snowflakes are decals!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful shade and manicure! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snowflake stickers look great with this polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think sometimes stickers get a bit of a bad rap, but I think they definitely have their place. :)

      Delete
  5. Ahh, cute. And hey, stickers are an awesome way to jazz up a mani for us nonstampers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree. They're underrated and underused, I think. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!