Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Before & After: Christmas trees

(Nothing to disclose)

Hello!!

This year I'm participating in a 12 Days of Christmas nail art challenge with the Challenge Your Nail Art group, and today's theme is Christmas Trees! Also, in my Nail Challenge Collaborative group, the theme for this month is 'dots', so I thought I'd try to incorporate some of those here. :)

I started with Orly Smoked out; a green-leaning teal with teeny green glitters and a satin finish:

Orly Smoked Out
Orly Smoked Out

Orly Smoked Out
Orly Smoked Out

Next, I added a layer of Orly Tinsel, a festive glitter with red holly-berry-esque hexes, green bar glitters, and teeny red glitters:


Orly Tinsel over Orly Smoked Out
Orly Tinsel over Orly Smoked Out

I have to admit, I love this look so much, I could stop right there--so festive and fun! But it's only halfway to actual Christmas trees, so onward I went.

So, I stamped a string of lights using Bunny Nails HD-F (you can see my review of this plate here) and some ornaments using MoYou London Fairytale 10 (you can see my review of it here). I stamped with Barry M Silver Foil and Gold Foil; I added dots to make the light portion of my string of lights:


Christmas tree nail art manicure
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree!


Christmas tree nail art manicure



This is one of those looks I just don't want to take off...Hope you like it to!

Hugs,
M.










16 comments:

  1. How fun! I really like that dark base color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The polish is the perfect evergreen sort of polish. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! This is so cool! I love that glitter and base color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally nailed it with the stamp! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Christmas trees so much, this was so fun to do. Thank you!!

      Delete
    2. In the new year, could you make a little tutorial on choosing glitter polishes to add to nail art and stamping manis? I can't seem to nail it.

      Delete
    3. Hmm...I'm not sure it's my strong point either, I tend to struggle with it a bit. But lets see what I can do...

      Delete
  4. Oh this is so awesome, genious use of the string glitter polish and stamping and everything :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I had so much fun making this, and I didn't want to take it off!!

      Delete
  5. I love how you've done the base, but the stamping is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! The glitter made it very easy, I must say. :)

      Delete
  6. Love it! Usually not a fan of the bar glitters but you totally made this work and I can dig the pine needle look of those glitters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I like them sometimes, but rarely. This one just called to me!! :)

      Delete
  7. Too cute! I have to agree, that bar glitter works great for this. And I'm really loving all the string lights manis I'm seeing recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! Yes, people do some amazing things with the string lights, don't they? Love 'em. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!