Thursday, December 11, 2014

Review & Size Comparison: MoYou London Explorer 07 and 21

(Nothing to disclose)

Hello!

Today I'm doing something a little different--I'm going to compare for you a MoYou London XL vs. regular-sized plates that have the 'same' images. I put that in quotes because the images are identical except in size. The idea is to help you get a feel for which size works for you, and what factors you should take into consideration when making that decision.


First, here is the video:




And here are the stills; first, MoYou London Explorer Collection 07, the 'XL' version of the images:


MoYou London Explorer Collection 07
MoYou London Explorer Collection 07


MoYou London Explorer Collection 07

MoYou London Explorer Collection 07


And here is 21, the 'regular' images:

MoYou London Explorer Collection 21
MoYou London Explorer Collection 21

MoYou London Explorer Collection 21

MoYou London Explorer Collection 21

MoYou London Explorer Collection 21


(You'll notice I have a defective image, the second from the top, middle row. I'll be contacting MoYou for a replacement; when this has happened in the past, they've replaced the plate no problem.)


And here are some shots of the images next to each other:


MoYou London Explorer Collection 07 vs. 21
MoYou London Explorer Collection 07 vs. 21


MoYou London Explorer Collection 07 vs. 21


MoYou London Explorer Collection 07 vs. 21

MoYou London Explorer Collection 07 vs. 21

If you want to be sure you cover your full nail and you have longer nails, you should probably get the XL plates. If your nails are pretty small or you want to make sure you have the entire image on your finger (so you're not missing the fingers on the hamsa, for example), then you'll want the regular-sized  images.

While the images themselves are smaller on the 'regular' sized plate than on the XL plate, the size of the patterns inside the full-nail images may be smaller, the same, or larger, depending, so take a look to be sure the patterns suit your needs.

For this post, I did a sample mani using both the XL and regular version of the leaf image above; in this case, the leaf pattern on the XL plate was actually slightly smaller than on the regular-sized image plate, although as you'll see, it's very difficult to tell the difference.

I started with China Glaze But Of Corpse, a frosty avocado matte with small purple hex glitters:


China Glaze But Of Corpse
China Glaze But Of Corpse

China Glaze But Of Corpse
China Glaze But Of Corpse

China Glaze But Of Corpse
China Glaze But Of Corpse


I love this polish; it's from their 2014 Halloween collection, but I think the green-purple contrast is subtle enough that it can be used for things other than Halloween. But beware--use an extra coat of basecoat, because this sucker stains.

Then I stamped with the leaf pattern from each plate. I used the XL image on my ring finger, and the 'regular' image on the rest--as I said, strangely enough, the leaves from the XL image are a little bit smaller, as you can see--but honestly, you have to look for the difference to see it:







So there you have it! I hope this post has helped you navigate the world of MoYou London XL vs. regular-sized images a little better.

Hugs,
M.

4 comments:

  1. Great comparison of the two plates. I would probably go with plate 21 just because I do tend to keep my nails on the shorter side. I did wish that smaller plate fit my thumb since out of all the nails, that one is the one that sometimes the design doesn't' fit on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I think that's one of the reasons a lot of my nails don't have the same pattern on every nail, so I can be sure to do something on my thumb that will fit!!

      Delete
  2. I'm an XL gal on all levels. LOL I love your compare & review posts! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Hush you!! If you mean you have an XL heart and sense of humor, I agree. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!