Monday, May 14, 2012

Color Club Take Wing Summer 2012 Collection--three swatches

Hello!

Today I'm going to talk about three polishes from Color Club's Take Wing Summer 2012 collection. I sadly could not afford to get them all, so I picked my three favorites: Fly With Me, Metamorphosis, and Sparkle and Soar.

All of these polishes have their texture in common; they contain glass flecks that are so dense, they seem to make up the polish entirely. They have the flash of glitter but not the rough texture of glitter, and I love that. I know, I know, I'm the only polish lover that can take or leave glitter, but this is a win-win for everyone. All the shine, none of the roughness, and easier to remove than glitter (although still a bit harder than 'normal' polish). Very appealing colors and finishes, in my opinion...I'm drawn to them like bee to honey. :)

That said, here they are; all pictures are two coats and a topcoat:

Fly With Me, direct sunlight


Fly With Me, indirect light

This color is B-R-I-G-H-T, make no mistake! The color is accurately represented here, but it doesn't really capture how attention-getting this is in terms of flash--it sparkles so much more than it seems to here. In the course of one trip to the store, three people noted it and commented on it. I love this shade of green, although I don't think it's a universally wearable as the other two are. Also, as you can see, there is some VNL, so three coats may have been better. Don't care, bring on the sparkle.

Metamorphosis, direct sunlight


Metamorphosis, indirect sunlight

This one was a little disappointing, actually, but only in the context of how beautiful the other two are. This one doesn't sparkle as much, although indoors it makes up for it by having a slight green-blue duochrome (you can see it a bit here). I don't know what that purple sparkle is in the bottle--it doesn't show on the nail at all that I could see--maybe if I had put on one more coat. Nonetheless, it was still made of that gorgeous glass-fleck coat that makes this collection so special, and it is certainly one of my favorite teals in my collection.



Sparkle and Soar, direct sunlight (sun setting)


Sparkle and Soar, indirect sunlight

This one is my favorite, by far. I love the other two, but this one goes the extra mile. It looks like it's lit from inside even when you're inside, and when the sun hits it, it's incandescent. Look at that direct sunlight picture and tell me I'm wrong! It's as if when the light hits it, the light creates peaks and valleys in the color of the polish. Gorgeous texture, gorgeous depth. I also think this is a very flattering orange to wear, possibly because of the range of shades that it shows.

The formula was good; it was a little gloopy on the first coat of Metamorphosis, but not too bad. It dried quickly. Unfortunately, Metamorphosis stained my nails a bit even with a base coat, so be careful here. It did mostly come off, but not all. I don't mind paying that price for such a pretty polish, but if you like to have bare nails at times, you may need to take extra care here.

I hope you enjoy the swatches, and that you have a great day! Thanks for looking. :)

M.

(the products in this review were purchased with my own money.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day--leave me a comment!