Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Before & After: Gobi Nouveau

Hello!

The students are back in school, and the fall colors are starting to appear in fall collections. It's still warm outside, but there is starting to be that different feel to the air. It's that magical time where summer is starting to turn into fall...it's not quite completely summer, and it's not quite completely fall, and as each new day wakes up, it decides on its own which side of that line it's going to stand on.

Here is a polish that I think captures that beautiful transition: Elevation Polish Gobi. It has a soft fall feel in the caramel-brown scattered holo, but summer peeps out in the soft mint-gold flash. I was lucky enough to grab this in one of Llarowe's restocks a while back, and I'm so glad I did--this is one of the most unique polishes I own, and it catches my eye constantly while I wear it. And yet, it it absolutely work-appropriate. This is two coats:


Elevation polish Gobi, artificial light







Elevation Polish Gobi, direct sunlight



A polish this special deserves an equally special type of nail art; so I picked what is possibly my favorite stamping image in the world, from Cheeky Jumbo plate 8, to put over it. I wanted something very subtle to let the magic of this polish shine through, so I only stamped on the ring finger, and I used China Glaze Passion to complement the color in a soft way:








To me, this manicure hints at the coming pleasures of fall, while still carrying the sparkle and light of long summer afternoons. It's peaceful, but has a glowing energy. I love it, and I hope you do, too. :)

Thanks for stopping by! Hugs,
M.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely manicure! This is one of my few Elevations, and I treasure it. You definitely did it justice--that green flash is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first and only Elevation so far! But you can bet I'll be buying more when I'm able--this one is just so gorgeous. :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful neutral holo! It has so much sparkle to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sun really brings out the holo! Beautiful polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do good work, I can't wait to try more of their stuff! :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!