Monday, August 19, 2013

Before & After: Inspired by Van Gogh

Hello!

I'm trying to catch up with all of my challenges, and so I'm posting again today! This week's theme in my Llama Nails 'Inspired By Artists' challenge is 'Inspired by Van Gogh'. I've always loved Starry Night, so I decided to go with that. :)




What has always captured my attention about this painting is the swoopy cloud trails in the sky--almost like something Harry Potter would leave across the sky when being chased by Voldemort's minions of doom. I don't know why, but I could stare at it for hours--so much movement and such a fantastical feel.

I started off my manicure with a base of 365 Days of Color's Sparkly Flip Flops, a soothing cerulean blue polish with silver sparkly flakes:


365 Days Of Polish Sparkly Flip Flops, artificial light




Then I pulled out my acrylics to paint my swoopies and my stars. I wanted to highlight them a little more than in the original painting, so I mixed a medium-light blue with some white, but not well, so that I would keep some white streaks. Then I used a golden yellow for the stars:


You don't know what we can find

Why don't you come with me little girl

On a magic carpet ride?

Doesn't it look like some cool trail left behind by an awesome magic carpet or something? I love it!

Thanks for taking a look! Hugs and love,
M.

6 comments:

  1. I've always liked that piece of artwork! You did a good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your interpretation! Looks awsome ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I like the way how you transform a painting on your nails. Brilliant idea !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's fun to figure out how to let the artwork inspire you. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!