Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Polished pairing: Inspired by my sparkly shirt

Hello!

This has been a crazy week--nightmarish, really, and it's going to continue on for the next couple of days. I've gotten behind in answering comments, which is normally the happy point of my day, and I didn't get a chance to post last night. Yuck. How dare my job get in the way of my blogging!?!

Accordingly, tonight will be a fast post. This is a manicure I did a while back, inspired by an outfit I was wearing; I wanted to do a manicure that matched it. First, here is the shirt:


InDecisive Nail Lacquer Antique




I love the sparklies on this shirt, and pair it with a skirt that has little white dots on it. So I figured, why not carry that dotted sparkle look into the manicure?

I started with a base of a-England's new Rose Bower, a beautiful pinkish-red scattered holo that is almost a one-coater, but I used two to be safe:





Then, I put a simple but elegant coat of InDecisive Nail Lacquer's Antique (a silver-gold-copper flake topper) over the top:




I love these together--they play off one another's sparkle without being too much. This was even prettier in person (don't you hate that?), and I think it captured the spirit of the shirt perfectly. :)

Sorry for the fast post--thanks for stopping by! I hope for my own sanity to be back to my old blogging self shortly. :)

Hugs and love,
M.

6 comments:

Make my day--leave me a comment!