Thursday, August 22, 2013

Review: Konad m91 from Nail Polish Canada

Hello!

Sometimes the stars align perfectly for something I'm planning...it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, I love it. :)

Not too long ago, I was contacted by Nail Polish Canada and asked if I'd like to review one of the new plates Konad recently released. Of course it was a no-brainer that I'd love to review one, and when I checked them out, there was one that was clearly made just for me: plate m91.:




Seriously, how awesome is that??!!? I've seen a lot of image plates, and I've seen a lot of cat images. But these are the little darlings I've been looking for--they're sassy, they fun, they're stylized, but they aren't cutesy. There's a range of positions, but they all match in size and style. And there's paw-prints and a kitty face to boot. Yes, please!

Right around the time I received this plate, I came home to discover a mama cat with 6 kittens squatting in my backyard. You might remember I told you before about my cat Neo that I discovered nearly dead in my backyard--well, I'm pretty sure this mama was also his mama, and I decided it was time for this cycle of feral cat reproduction to stop. So I caught the mama and the kittens and got them all fixed. I am working on finding homes for them; two have been adopted so far, and the remaining ones are four adorable little black kittens.

So of course, I had to do this manicure in honor of them. :)

I started with a base of China Glaze Desert Sun, a butterscotch creme:


China Glaze Desert Sun, direct sunlight, two coats


Then I stamped the paw print as a background pattern with China Glaze Mahogany Magic, and then placed a sweet little black kitty on each nail with Konad Black:










How cat-a-licious is that? My favorite is the little one that's standing on top of the paw print, examining it. :)

Being asked to test a Konad plate is like being asked to review a Michelin-starred restaurant--you know you're gonna be getting something really, really good. And this plate is right up there with the quality I expect from Konad--these kitty designs are small enough so that you can put more than one on a nail, but the details in the tiny areas still show up clearly. Image transfer is easy, and limited only by user error. So let's get the obvious out of the way: yes, I would absolutely recommend this plate, and I'm glad to see that Konad is keeping up their high standards.

I rarely say that something is a must-have, because I don't expect my tastes with respect to designs and colors to apply to everyone. But I believe that if you're a cat-lover and a nail-stamper, this plate really is as close to a must-have as you're gonna get. Excellent quality, as sweet as can be, and all the designs dedicated to cats? You can't go wrong. :)

You can find this plate and the other 4 new Konad plates (not cat-related!) on the Nail Polish Canada site by clicking here. And, they're having a giveaway right now for all 5 of the new plates! Definitely worth a look. :)

Thanks for stopping by! Hugs and sweet kitten kisses,
M.

(The plate in this post was sent for my honest review. The other products were purchased by me.)


17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't it!? The kitties are so small and delicate, I love it. :)

      Delete
  2. It's so cute! These would be great Halloween nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely! Especially with a bright orange background. :)

      Delete
  3. So very chic :)
    The one on ring finger (examining the paw beneath it) is my fave, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this plate! I have two cats, if I could, I would have more.I especially like the way you layered the cats over those super cute pawprints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I love about this plate. Complete, easy manicure all in one plate. :) And thank you!

      Delete
  5. Ohhhh i love this plates, that's too cute :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This plate makes me want to do a little happy kitty dance, lol!

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!