Monday, August 12, 2013

Before & After (sorta): Around The World

Hello!

I can't believe how fast this month is going, I already missed the first week in my Nail Challenge Collaborative group! The theme this month is 'Around The World', and I'm barely making it on time for this week, either. :(

For this mani, I started with a base of China Glaze Man Hunt, and since I already have pretty decent swatches of it when my nails were long and pretty (sigh), I give you those instead of new ones...Man Hunt is a deep royal blue creme, and this is two coats:

China Glaze Man Hunt, indirect sunlight

China Glaze Man Hunt, direct sun

Next, I created a faux-globe look by saran-wrapping some China Glaze Starboard over the base. I stamped an image from Cheeky Jumbo Plate 2 on the ring finger using Barry M Silver Foil...I intended to put some postmarks on the edges of the other nails, but when I saw it with just the accent stamp, I decided to stop. Somtimes simpler is better, I think: 







It's simple, but it's pretty and it fits the theme--and I actually don't want to take it off!

Thanks for looking, and please check out the other manis linked below.

Hugs and international loves,
M.

18 comments:

  1. Perfection!! ♥
    I agree, anything else would just seem too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - this was such a clever idea...LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the simplicity of it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Sometimes I gotta go simple. :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous colour, and I love the design. Really clever! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Man Hunt! And I love what you did with it. Your nails are definitely beautiful even if they are shorter!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!