Saturday, January 4, 2014

Preview of coming events and Before & After: Tubular Wrap

(The products in this post were purchased by me.)

Hello!

Today I have a manicure for you that I did a while back, before the holiday season hit, and it didn't quite fit into the different holiday themes. It features a beautiful polish and some simple nail art.

Before I show you, though, I wanted to quickly mention my general plan for the blog in the next month or two :)

Plate reviews: I have a ton of plate reviews for you in the next month or so, many of them already recorded by awaiting editing and corresponding stamping tests. This includes 2 more Bunny Nails plates, about 10 more MoYou-London plates, and the second generation Winstonia plates. Yep, we're gonna be going on a stamping plate bonanza together, lol!

Got Polish? Challenge: Several of my fellow bloggers and I have realized that we have polishes that we love, but that get put to the side because we do so much swatching, etc. Of course we want to continue to show you new polishes, and no worries, we'll still be doing that. But we also wanted to find a way to make it a priority to use those other polishes we love in nail art, and to hopefully remind you of some old favorites you have collecting dust, too. :)

Monday Blues: I am very excited to be joining the ranks of the bloggers who show you  lovely blue polishes on Monday in honor of the Monday blues. Of course I'll be featuring mine with nail art. :)

Continuing challenges: I will still be participating in my Nail Challenge Collaborative, Llama Nails, and Kimber's challenges, and I will be trying to additionally challenge myself by combining as many of these as I can, to stretch my skills.

As always, please don't hesitate to ask for tutorials of anything you like, comparison posts you're interested in, etc. This really helps me now what you'd like to see, rather than have to guess! Right now I'm currently putting together a post on flakie polishes in response to a reader who expressed interest in that--so if you're a newer reader to my blog, I really do try to respond to any requests I get, if I possibly can. :)

Okay, on to today's manicure!

One of my long-time lemmings that I finally satisfied back at the end of summer was KBShimmer Totally Tubular. This is a vibrant turquoise crelly with purple and blue circle and hex glitters. It's a bottle full of fun and happy, and it completely lived up to my hopes in terms of beauty, application, and formula. Here are two easy coats:


KBShimmer Totally Tubular

KBShimmer Totally Tubular

KBShimmer Totally Tubular

KBShimmer Totally Tubular

As with a lot of high-quality color-based glitter polishes, this doesn't really need nail art to be special, and I didn't want to do too much to it, since I wanted to enjoy the polish as it was. But after wearing it alone for a while, I decided to do some simple nail art with it. I started by doing a little saran-wrap magic on top with a purple polish--I can't remember which...maybe Finger Paints Plum Startled?..bad blogger! Bad!!--and then stamped on the accent nail with Barry M Silver:







I think this adds just enough that it celebrates the beautiful elements of the polish without taking away from it. Sometimes less is more!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope your New Year is off to a wonderful start. :)

Hugs and loves,
M.

4 comments:

Make my day--leave me a comment!