Thursday, May 7, 2015

NOTD: Deco Swirls

(Nothing to disclose)

Hello!

This is another manicure I did for the Nail Challenge Collaborative; the theme last month was to recreate another member's manicure, and as you can see, I'm running a little behind on it. :)

Here is the original manicure, done by Tina from Light Of The Moon Nails:


(Courtesy of Light Of The Moon Nails)


For this one, I went more along the lines of 'inspired by' than 'recreate'; I didn't purposefully set out to change it--I adore it just as it is, and would happily have recreated it exactly. but I didn't have the exact stamp she used, so I had to go for a similar overall look/feel. When I pulled out a plate that allowed me to do that, it called out to be done in purple for some reason (who knows why, teams of experts can't figure out how my mind works), so I went with it. Here is my version:



Deco Swirls mani

Deco Swirls mani


Deco Swirls mani


I used Finger Paints Magenta Mural for the index, middle and pinkie, and Pop-arazzi Down The Runway on my thumb and ring fingers. Then I stamped with those same polishes on the opposite color, using MoYou London Gothic 09.


Here are the sections of the plate I used:


MoYou London Gothic 09


I adore this plate--so many gorgeous designs hiding in plain sight. :) And I also have to rave about Finger Paints Magenta Mural--it's a stunning purple shimmer that also stamps, and you can't beat that. :)

So what do you think? Did I at least do her mani justice in spirit??

Happy stamping,
M.



38 comments:

  1. Beautiful manicure. I love your take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know that brand of plate, I really need to have a look. Your purple mani is awesome !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should. MoYou has so many different awesome plates!

      Delete
  3. Very beautiful stamping. You definitely did it justice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! Purple is my favorite, so naturally this spoke to me, lol! I think you captured the spirit of the original mani perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm a big purple fan myself. :)

      Delete
  5. I love big plates like this with lots of stamping options. The mani came out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't choose which color combo is my favorite! They both look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think they're both beautiful in their own way. :)

      Delete
  7. The original is awesome and I love the colors that you did yours in. How fun to recreate someones mani!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty manis :-D I like the stamping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOO I love this stamping. I have been lusting after this plate for a while but not seen enough manicures with it! Great manis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, such a great plate. And thank you!

      Delete
  10. Awesome stamping. Love your nail shape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's a battle to keep them this shape, but I love it. :)

      Delete
  11. You did a gorgeous version!!!!! I'm in love with that plate too, the possibilities are endless!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's a really, really great plate!

      Delete
  12. "Who knows why purple"?!? Because purple. That's why! :)
    Both are really gorgeous. But of course I like yours better, because..you guessed it, it's purple. :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!