Monday, October 14, 2013

Barielle's Sophisticated Lady collection is great for stamping!! (Plus, The Accidental Manicure)

(The polishes in this post were originally sent for my honest review.)

Hello!

ATTENTION STAMPERS! So, the other day I was testing out the new Bundle Monster 'Create Your Own' set in preparation for a new video review of that set. To test the images, I grabbed Barielle's Sophisticated Lady collection, and figured I'd give them a whirl--when I reviewed them, I noticed they looked like they might be opaque enough to stamp.

Oh my gosh, they didn't just stamp, they stamped incredibly well. Take a look:

Barielle Edgy

Barielle London High Tea

Barielle London High Tea, In Good Taste, Dinner At 8, Edgy

Barielle In Good Taste, Tres Chic,Dinner At 8, Edgy

I had more plates to test, so I continued on, just stamping over my previous stamps. On one hand, the result was a predictable nightmare of splodgy image clusters. But the other one...when I looked at the final product, I realized I accidentally came up with a collage manicure that I actually like! Check it out:



I am always looking for affordable stamping polishes that actually work well, and this whole collection stamps like a dream. So if you're a stampaholic, you might want to give them a shot. :)

Hugs and loves,
M.

(The polishes in this post were originally sent for my honest review.)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, these are great for stamping! And that collage of yours actually looks kinda cool :)
    (and I'm SO happy to finally see that claddagh ring motive -- so far none of the reviews I've seen included it..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's what I love about this collection, things like the Claddagh ring that should have been in plate collections before now, but just weren't. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice find! Konad is the grand mom polish of stamping, but there are SO many regular polishes that can be used too. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Especially cremes and metallics, I find...:)

      Delete
    2. How good is kleancolor for stamping? I have some Kleancolor metallics. The cremes are a bit thin so not sure if they would work. The metallics too look a bit thin but I saw that you have done a few manicures with Kleancolor. What was your experience?

      Delete
    3. Sorry to take so long to respond, I was gone on vacation. :) I have one Kleancolor metallic, and it stamps like a charm. I've heard from other people that they work well, too. I'd definitely try more. :)

      Delete
    4. Hope you had a fun vacation. I am going to try more. I also bough two cremes(?) from pure ice as I couldn't find the pure ice silver (mercedes?) in my local walmart. They are thick and look good for stamping but they wont stamp well with my salon express kit. Its either me or the kit. I am going to try again this week and if it doesn't work I am going to buy konad stamp and BM plates. Thank you again for the feedback on Kleancolor. I have lots of Kleancolor metalics and foils. I also have many kleancolor cremes. If they work, it would be great!!

      Delete
    5. How did it go, did you get a plate that works for you? <3

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!