Friday, October 4, 2013

NOTD: Haunted Webs

Hello!!

Some days you just have to do a little silly. Today is one of those days, and this manicure is one of those sillies. :)

Today we are on the theme 'Texture' in the 33 Day Challenge; also, I'm late for the Lacquer Dreams prompt of 'ghosts':



For my texture, I did a base gradient of China Glaze Toe-Tally Textured Ia bright orange) and In The Rough (a lime green). I stamped over this base with a web pattern from Cheeky jumbo plate 6, using China Glaze Grape Pop. I added a few spiders with Bundle Monster plate BM13, using Konad Black (so awesome over texture when you know you won't smear it with topcoat!).

Finally, I added my ghosts. Ghosts, you say? That's right! Ghosts of the flies that have been trapped and died horrendous deaths in those webs...okay, I admit that personally in the battle of spider vs. fly, I root for spider, but flies are people too, and they could come back and haunt the web! Anyway, point is, I used the ghosts from Bunny Nails HD01 with Konad white, and then I carefully painted topcoat over them to give them a shinier texture than the rest of the design. I finished with some black rhinestones for the eyes, and painted on some bloody mouths with Pure Ice Siren:


What do you mean ghosts don't have bloody mouths?

Hey, don't judge me and my ghosts...:P

One of the cool things about Halloween is that you can go crazy scary with stuff, or a little silly and whimsical. Today is definitely one of those whimsical days, and I hope you enjoy it. :)

Hugs and love and fly-free homes,
M.



12 comments:

Make my day--leave me a comment!