Sunday, October 27, 2013

Before & After: Attack of the B-Movie (Or, watch out for that preying mantis!)

Okay, so here's the thing.

When I got my Bundle Monster 'Create Your Own' plates, there was an image of a praying mantis. I, in my infinite goofiness, did not recognize it as such, and thought it was some sort of weird ant-grasshopper hybrid. Embarrassing, yes, but it stimulated my imagination.

When I was really young, they used to play these crazy B-movies on TV, and it seemed like in at least half of them, so crazy GINORMOUS critter that had been cross-bred by scientists/zapped by chemicals/exposed to nuclear waste crawled out of the ocean/mountains/forest/swamp and destroyed a city. If one of those movies didn't have a huge praying mantis, one most surely had some sort of huge grasshopper/ant/stick insect thing.

So I decided to do a tribute to those B movies, by creating one with a praying mantis that has been turned into a preying mantis...

I started with a base of China Glaze Grape Pop, another wonderful purple for Halloween purposes:


China Glaze Grape Pop, 2 coats, artificial light





Next I stamped on the skyscape and the praying mantis from Bundle Monster BM414 and BM417, using Barry M Silver Foil and Konad Black polish:


Sorry...

I have no funny praying mantis jokes...::sobs::




Oh noes!!! It's climbing up the building! It's eating the peoples! It's coming to get us all!! AAAHHHHRRRRGGGGGGG!!

::Ahem:: So what do you think? Does it take you back to all of those awesome Saturday afternoon creature features?

Here's hoping nobody eats your head off,
M.

8 comments:

  1. Haha, I love this! It is such a fun and wacky idea, awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great base color and idea/nail art... You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could stamp like you! If it weren't for DIY decals I'd never have stamped nails. LOL

    Too late...Uuurup! I loved watching all those black & white B classics with my grammy on Saturday afternoons. We usually finished off the last of the choco chip cookies we'd made the night before. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hush. You are an awesome stamper, I seriously don't know what you're talking about. =P

      Coooookies...nom nom nom nom nom

      Delete
  4. That is one gorgeous purple polish!! ♥
    And the mani is just too cute, haha, though I know it's supposed to be all scary and stuff.. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I agree about the purple. I would just sit there and stare at the lovely contrast with the silver...sigh...

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!