Saturday, October 26, 2013

Before & After: Smile, Jack, smile!

(All products purchased by me.)

Hey there!!

It's the final week of the Nail Challenge Collaborative's Halloween month, and today I have a fun little manicure to celebrate the week leading up to Halloween itself!

I started off with China Glaze's Bizarre Blurple, from the 2012 Halloween collection. This is a stereotypical blurple duochrome, which flashes blue to purple; this definitely favors the blue side. What so bizarre about it you ask? Maybe the fact that my camera was actually able to take a picture of it, when blurples normally freak it out:  


China Glaze Bizarre Blurple, 2 coats, artificial light





Then I layered on a coat of Shirley Ann Nail Eyes On Indie, a limited edition polish in a purplish-red tinted base, with red, black, pinkish-white glitters in a variety of shapes, including diamonds and half-moon holographic:




The moment I saw that polish, I thought it would be a great glitter for Halloween...I'm not much for the glitter shapes like hearts, flowers, moons, etc., but this one just worked for this purpose, I think. :)

Finally, I stamped a jack-o-lantern and some jack-o-lantern faces on it with Barry M Silver Foil; I used Bunny Nails HD-D and HD01:


What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?

Pumpkin Pi!


I think this is a fun manicure with a slightly spooky edge, and I love how this glitter looks against the blurple. :)

Don't forget to take a look at the other Halloween manis linked below! Hugs and jack-o-lantern kisses,
M.

(All products purchased by me.)

12 comments:

  1. I agree about the glitter shapes, but this all went great together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think if they're done right, and only for special occasions, I'm okay with the shapes, lol. :)

      Delete
  2. You just find the best bases for your art! Another perfect layering duo and backdrop, and I adore the little moon glitters in Eyes On Indie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! This one started with the base inspiring the art, I must admit! I've been waiting to use Eyes On Indie for about a month now in a Halloween mani, lol. Obsess much??

      Delete
  3. Oooooo...me likey! (I still have an issue with the word 'blurple', but will have to just suck it up, I guess, if I have to. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel. I have a similar issue with 'skittlette'...But then, my excuse is I'm completely insane, lol!!

      Delete
    2. I blame my art edumacation. The color is blue violet, it will always be blue violet to me! Don't even get me started on the difference between ombre & gradient. ROTF

      I don't mind your idiosyncrasies cuz I have my own. I live in my own lil world, but it's ok...they know me here. Yes, I have this on a t-shirt as well as a 'Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself.' shirt. I need to add 'Some days it's the best conversation I get.' to the back of that one. lol

      Delete
    3. Oh man, when people mess up ombre and gradient, it drives me nuts!!! And then I take a deep breath and remind myself to try to be sane...but it never works!!! (and I want that shirt...)

      Delete
  4. I love that Bizarre Blurple color, looks simply wonderful. The design turned out really well. The pumpkin is fun!
    xo,
    Luchessa.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's a great polish for sure. :)

      Delete
  5. The base color was wow, then the glitter topper was woow and finally the manicure is....WOOOW :-D
    I really love it!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!