Monday, October 14, 2013

Comparison post: Black & White glitters, done Halloween style!

Hello!

Ages ago, a reader asked if I could do a comparison post on my black-and-white glitters. I said I would, but then it got pushed back and backer. I have it today, and I hope it's not too late to be useful! And to make it festive, I've given it a Halloween twist by putting them over Misa Um You're Too Delicious.


Let's take a look! Here's what I have:

Thumb: China Glaze Whirled Away
Index: Laquerlicious Zebra Kisses
Middle: Me.Lissa QR Code
Ring: InDecisive Nail Lacquer Newspaper
Pinkie: Dandy Nails Colorblind Squared


China Glaze Whirled Away; Laquerlicious Zebra Kisses; Me.Lissa QR Code; InDecisive Nail Lacquer Newspaper; Dandy Nails Colorblind Squared

China Glaze Whirled Away

Laquerlicious Zebra Kisses; Me.Lissa QR Code; InDecisive Nail Lacquer Newspaper; Dandy Nails Colorblind Squared



Many of you are probably saying that a girl really only needs one black-and-white glitter, and certainly doesn't need 5 of them. To that, I say the following:

....la la la la I'm not listening la la la la la...... Did you say something?

Anyhow, hee hee, here are my thoughts on each of them, because I truly do love each and every one:

China Glaze Whirled Away: I know this got a lot of thumbs-down in the blogosphere, but I truly love it. I love the different sized hexes and yes, I even love the bar glitter. It's really fun and has a circus-like feel to it.

Laquerlicious Zebra Kisses: Shards, shards, shards!! And shards that behave well! They don't stick up or snag, and they add pizzazz to any manicure.

Me.Lissa Lacquer QR Code: I adore square and rectangle glitter to start with. Give it a variety of sizes, and it looks like someone took a chess board and blew it up in space, so the bits are just floating around. And it may be the most perfectly named polish ever.

InDecisive Nail Lacquer Newspaper: What I love best about this is that it's black-white-and-gray; the addition of the gray gives it an extra textural feel. I also love that the glitter in this is smaller, so I can create a more dense visual feel when I want it.

Dandy Nails Colorblind Squared: This was my first black-and-white, and I was so happy to get it. It also has a smaller feel to it, when I want to add something to the manicure, but don't want it to become the sole focus--but in this case I can do it with squares, and I think I've already established where I stand on squares. :)

My apologies again that it took so long to get this up--I try to be fast with reader requests, but this one just kicked my tushie!

Hugs and loves,
M.

12 comments:

  1. Awesome comparison! I really love your pinkie and your thumb. And I love how you paired them over orange... *perfect* for Halloween! I totally understand your love of black and white glitter toppers... I can't get enough of my bottle of KBShimmer Greyscale. It looks awesome over everything!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I haven't tried that one, but I love KBShimmer...hmmm, maybe I need six black-and-white glitter...>.>

      Delete
  2. I did a comparison like this not too long ago, I just haven't posted it yet. The only polish we both have is CG Whirled Away. Now I want Zebra Kisses & it's all your fault...again! lol <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanna see, I wanna see! Your turn to enable meeeeeee!!!

      Delete
  3. Lalala la! Nooo we do not need 5 black and white glitters (said the one who owns 3 that are all different from yours!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! I was one person who requested it! I also love Lush Lacquer's Salt n Peppa. It is black and white and has holographic micro glitter in it!! Seriously?? Love it!! I may have to purchase that InDecisive polish! It looks beautiful! I want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being so patient, I'm sorry it took so long to post!

      OMG...a black and white glitter with holographic micro glitter?? What is this magical wizardry of which you speak??!!

      Delete
  5. My favorites are Whirled Away and Me.Lissa QR code for the squares. The Dandy nails is pretty cute too with the itty bitty squares. I have the China Glaze one already, Yay! The last thing I need is to add another polish to my wish list. I had just gotten it all finished up and then the fall collections hit the market and now the holidays are around the corner. SO many polishes so little time, what's a girl to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, tell me about it! I've told myself I'm not going to get into the holiday collections, just focus on my favorites I already have. We'll see how long that decision lasts, lol!

      Delete
  6. I love the China Glaze one, all the different shapes of glitter are great :) It does look like it would take a toothpick and a lot of patience to make it look good, though! I love how you layered them over orange too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I'm just lucky, but it applies really well for me...I store it upside down and give it a good shake before I use it. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!