Friday, October 11, 2013

Before & After: Indian Blues

Hello!


Today's prompt in the Crumpet's Nail Tarts 33 Day Challenge is: Indian! I love anything Indian themed, so I love any excuse to make up my own wannabe Indian-influenced patterns.

This time I started with a base of Julep Reece, a red-based purple with a soft duochrome-y shift and a scattered holo effect:


Julep Reece, two coats, artificial light



This is the truest to the color--the holo effect washes it out a titch when I have it in focus. :)


Next I did a gradient with Reece and Lynbdesigns So Changeable, a mainly blue with some purple-red glitter polish. Then I stamped with Konad m64 and Barry M Silver Foil:











I love how this came out! It makes me feel like a beautiful princess in a Bollywood movie. :)

Check in tomorrow to see my review of the Pueen Love Elements plates...and then I'll be showing you my favorite Halloween polishes!

Hugs and love,
M.

6 comments:

  1. I love this!! It is beautiful! It makes me think of the movie Aladdin for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS!!! On so many levels! The colors you used for the gradient are so perfectly lively, and I adore that LynB... I need to wear mine again soon. Indian prints are so gorgeous and if I had any artistic sensibilities I'd be making up my own influenced patterns, too. Just beautiful, Michelle :) (I'm clearly going backward through your posts, too, lolol) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Hey, if you like Indian prints, there is a whole plate of them, Cheeky Jumbo plate C. One of my favorite ever plates, makes it easy, even for those who have no artistic sensibilities, which I do not believe for one second is you!! I've seen your blog--not buyin' it! :)

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty. Love the vibrant blue and I always love curvy lines :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's the perfect word--I love that polish because it's so beautifully vibrant. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!