Thursday, October 17, 2013

Review: Incoco Halloween 2013 Halloween collection

(The products in this post were sent for my honest review.)

Hello!!!

A couple of days ago I received a package from Incoco. It contained the four nail-strip sets from their Halloween 2013 Fright Night collection, and when I opened it, I did a fangirl squeal and jumped up and down for joy. In public. Yes, I got some funny looks. But I did not care and I'd do it all over again, that's how much I love these sets. Absolutely true story.

These are so frightfully awesome, so spooktacularly fun, I couldn't wait to tear into them. If you follow me on Instagram, you already got a preview of them, because I just couldn't wait to show them. Here are the four different sets in the collection:

After Dark: These are a black-to-purple-to-orange glitter gradient that is just as sparkly as any glitter nail polish you're gonna find, and they're a perfect smooth gradient made absolutely effortless. These are so pretty and so glittery that I've had several people ask me how I did it, and with which polish--they don't look like some cheesy nail-strip glitter effect, they look like real, top-quality glitter. :)

Incoco After Dark

Next is Bone Rattling, a white background with black skulls. I love any sort of skulls so these were a winner for me on that front alone--but they also glow in the dark!!!!!


Incoco Bone Rattling

Next we have my favorite of the four, and the namesake of the set, Fright Night. This has the same orange glitter as After Dark, but instead of the black gradient, it has a haunted mansion scene in black:

Incoco Fright Night

And to round out the collection, we have Spooktacular, which has white ghosts printed on a black background. They're whimsical little ghosties that will make you smile--oh, and did I mention they also are glow in the dark??


Incoco Spooktacular

Trying to decide which of these to try out first was impossible--I'm a total kid in a candy shop when it comes to Halloween to start with, but throw nail art into the mix, and I'm beyond giddy. So I decided not to decide, and I used all four on my two hands. :)

On my right hand, I kept it simple--I wanted to test out the glow-in-the-dark effect, and I had to rock out the skulls. Here is how they looked on me:


Incoco Bone Rattling




If you adore skulls half as much as I do, these are a must have, particularly when you factor in the glow-in-the-dark aspect...I've tried to take pictures of nails that glowed in the dark before, and always struggled. These glowed so brightly I had no issue at all:


Incoco Bone Rattling, in the dark

Not only did they glow, but you can clearly see the pattern in the dark! And I wore these for about 4 days, and the glow effect did not diminish, and they were just as visible on night 4 as they were the first night I put them on.

I also wanted to see how amenable these were to nail art, so I decided to decorate them a bit, with some acrylic paint and some rhinestones:

Incoco Bone Rattling, decorated. :)


So what about the other three sets? Well, that's where I let my nail art side come out to play. I did a skittle manicure with the remaining three sets...On my pinkie and thumb I put After Dark, with that awesome glitter gradient goodness. On the index and middle, I used Fright Night, to create a haunted mansion scene effect...then on my ring finger, I used Spooktacular, so I'd have some ghosties streaming out of my haunted mansion:


Skittle manicure with After Dark, Spooktacular, and Fright Night



I fell in love with this look, and didn't want to take it off...That's the downside of being a nail blogger sometimes, you can't always wear the fun manicures as long as you'd like to if you're going to keep on schedule. So I took it off, and I had a sad face.

Oh, but before I forget to mention, my Spooktacular nail was just as glowy in the dark as the Bone Rattling was:


Again you can full-on see the pattern, not just some indiscriminate glow.

So okay, fangirl love of Halloween nail products aside, what do I think of these? I was really, really impressed by the quality of these sets. The two sets with glitter truly looked like beautiful glitter-polish manicures--they glimmered in the sunlight and made that part of me that loves sparkly things all kinds of happy. They were like real glitter in all ways except for one--they were extremely easy to remove! I used the normal swipe with polish and a cotton pad (not the foil method or anything like that), and they came off just as easily as the two non-glitter sets did. The quality of the glow in the dark sets were also top notch--I've never seen any other nail product that glowed so brightly and preserved the design, as well.

One caveat when you use these. When applying Incoco nail strips, you put them on the nail, and then file the extra off of the nail tip. I found that you have to be a little gentler with the glitter strips than with the non-glitter strips, or they rip a bit more easily. This isn't a big deal--just start off gentle, and apply more pressure as needed. But if you look at my index finger, that was the first finger I did, and you can see the nail strip ends a little before the edge because I had been a little too vigorous and got a little rip.

One last thing...a part of you might be saying, "OMG, Michelle, you opened up THREE packages of nails strips for one manicure!?!? Now they're all going to dry out and go to waste! That's just a ridiculous waste of money!!"

Interesting point. As it turns out, while it's true that after they've been opened, they aren't quite as flexible and sticky as they are originally, they don't become unuseable overnight...and, they remain useable for nail art for a fair amount of time. I'll say more about that in my next Incoco review post...So stay tuned for that. :)

You can find these and a ton of other sets of nail strips on Incoco's website; they also have some new releases for fall, a couple of which I'll be showing you soon. :)

Thanks for taking a look! Hope your haunted mansion is nice and cozy tonight. :)

M.

(The products in this post were sent for my honest review.)


6 comments:

  1. These are all so cute! I love how the orange glitter gradient doesn't look like a nail strip at all. And of course you can't go wrong with glow in the dark! I love the skittlette you did =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It was a ton of fun playing with these, I'm looking forward to playing with the 'leftovers' and seeing what I can do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. ROFL!!!! I knew I'd get you somehow, muah hah hhhhaaaaahhhh!!!

      Delete
  4. While I'm not 100% sold on nail strips yet, Fright Night and After Dark do look really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely understand your hesitation. I also was not sold before Incoco sent me some to try. I think for me, where I'm really sold on them is for the times when I know I'm going to be too busy to do my nails, like Christmas Eve, or on vacation or a business trip, that sort of thing. The one-step aspect of them is great for situations like that.

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!