Monday, July 15, 2013

Comparison post: Fleck-finish greens

Hello!!

I've had a few requests for comparison posts and dupe posts, and it's a good reminder that it's been a while since I've done either. So I decided to pull this forward in my rotation a bit, and show you a comparison of 8 green fleck-finish polishes that I own. :)

Here is the bottle shot for the first 5:

Hard Candy Crush On Ivy; Zoya Rikki; Brash Sergeant Khaki; Zoya Ivanka; Zoya Logan

I wanted to do with comparison initially because I suspected Hard Candy Crush On Ivy and Zoya Rikki might be dupes, so I wanted to put these two together; can you guess which two they are, lol?:



From left to right we have:

Zoya Ivanka
Brash Sergeant Khaki
Zoya Rikki
Hard Candy Crush On Ivy

As best I can tell, Zoya Rikki and Hard Candy Crush on Ivy are not quite dupes, but they're close; they both sage green but Rikki has gold flecks in it that Crush On Ivy don't have, and I love that (Rikki also has a slightly better formula, imo). But, they're close enough that if you have one, you can easily skip the other.

As for the other polishes, Brash's Sergeant Khaki is true to its name and has a much deeper, more olive color, while Ivanka is a brighter, more grass-green polish. SK has a wonderful formula and is a one coater; did I mention it was only $2.99 at Payless Shoe Source? They have a whole line of polishes there, and I never had a clue about that before stumbling on this (actually, a friend I was shopping with noticed them and called me over!). I can't find any information about whether or not they're cruelty-free, which is why I haven't bought anymore--I can't say for sure they aren't, but I can't find anything saying they are, either.

But wait, didn't I say 5 polishes? Oh yeah:




On my thumb I have Zoya Logan, which is a more forest green with subtle gold flecks. This was from their holiday collection and is certainly a pretty, Christmassy green. The color is so rich, it actually washed out the other colors in the picture. I love love love the play of yellow-gold and green in this polish. :)

To continue on the comparison over both hands so you can see how they all compare to one another, I swatched Zoya Rikki on the pinkie of my other hand, then put on the final three polishes. Here is the bottle shot first:


Julep Etta; Zoya Meg, Apple and Rikki

Here they are on the nail:



From left to right:

Julep Etta
Zoya Meg
Zoya Apple
Zoya Rikki (again)

Zoya Apple turns out to be well named, as it's a pretty green-apple color; the formula on this was very thin and with two coats it was still patchy and needed a third; this is really the only one of the bunch I probably wouldn't buy again. Zoya Meg had no such problem--her formula was wonderful and she was nearly a one-coater. Her brand of green is more of the lime persuasion, and I could look at that color all day ::sigh::. Finally, Julep Etta is an almost yellow avocado sort of green; she also had a good formula.

And that concludes my first comparison/dupe combination post! I hope it was helpful. What are your favorites? And which color/finish would you like to see me compare next?

Hugs and loves,
M.


19 comments:

  1. my favs here are Zoya Ivanka and Zoya Logan. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cult Nails have a really nice glass fleck green as well. So between these 3, not sure which ones to get.

      Delete
    2. I'd hate to have to pick between them, but I think if I had to, I'd pick Logan. :)

      Delete
    3. I will keep that in mind. for my next shopping spree. :)

      Delete
  2. I love this type of post. I'd be curious to see a range of Zoya blue cremes, if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was fun to make. And I can definitely do Zoya blue cremes, although I don't have quite as many of those, lol. :)

      Delete
  3. My favourites are Zoya Meg and Zoya Ivanka I think - definitely need to get those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of them are beautiful! I am going to stop by Payless to check out the polishes. You should do this with every color group you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to go through and look at what types of polish I have several of in a similar style...I should be able to come up with at least a couple more. :)

      Delete
  5. Cool post, I love seeing comparisons.
    I think Zoya Logan is my fave, such rich forest green ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice comparison! all of them are quuite pretty! Despite you not wanting to buy it again... I waaaaant Apple! I fell in love with the color two years ago, but it wasn't meant to be in my collection so far ;) But I can also see why so many people love Ivanka. Beautiful polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely pretty. The only reason I wouldn't buy it again is the formula--I hate having to put three-four coats of a polish on. But in terms of the color, it's quite nice. :)

      Delete
  7. Great comparison on all these greens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Zoya Ivanka, Apple, and Logan. I think I want to compare my Julep Cindy to these.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!