Thursday, July 4, 2013

Patriotic Polished Pairings: Statue Of Liberty

Hello--

Very fast post today because i'm running late and not feeling too well. :( But I really want to share this with you on the holiday. :)

I started with a base of Zoya Hazel, a pretty slate-blue fleck-finish polish with flecks of goldish-copper in it. When I was looking at it, it reminded me of the blue-green patina that bronze statues get, including the statue of liberty...


Zoya Hazel, overcast outside light



That instantly inspired me to do two things. First, I paired the polish with a coat of Hit Polish Patina, to bring up even more of that statue-type finish color palette:


Hit Polish Patina over Zoya Hazel




Then, finally, I finished off with a simple stamp, using Konad black and Winstonia stamping plate 114:




And there you have it...a patriotic manicure of a slightly different type. I hope you are all having a wonderful 4th of July if you're here in the states, and if you're not, I hope you're having an awesome day, too!

Hugs and smooches,
M.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely! Perfectly lovely!

    Happy Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must. Have. Hazel. Every view of your pics increases the lemming factor of this polish exponentially....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL! It is a beauty. It's fairly similar to Zoya Crystal if you have that one...but the contrast with the gold is a little more subtle in this one. I love it. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!