Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Before & After (sorta): Wonder Woman Nails!

Hello!

Today I'm going to show you some appropriately festive nails well suited for 4th of July--although whenever I look at them, all I can think is 'Wonder Woman!" and all I can see is Lynda Carter running around in her cute little outfit with her adorable gold bracelets.

The nail art I did here uses InDecisive Nail Lacquer's Red and Blue Ichors, and I've been waiting to do it since I reviewed them...hee heee hee hee heeeeee...If you don't remember, these are temperature-sensitive polishes that shift from clear to colored and it turns out they're pretty darn fun to play with because of that.

I started with a base of Sally Hansen White On, and stamped stars on it using Mash 49 and Barry M Silver Foil. Over this, I painted a design with Red and Blue Ichor; the idea was that when I'm outside in the sun, you'd only see the underwear design, but when I was in cool areas, you'd see the red and blue design over it. Here is what it looks like in the warm (this was taken indoors; outside all color tint disappeared, leaving just a subtle frosted effect):

'Before', when outside in the July heat

And then when I was inside or when the wind picked up, Wonder Woman suddenly appeared!:



Now the world is ready for you


And the wonders you can do

Can't you just see the bracelets flashing?! The magical spin! Of course, that show was WELL before my time...>.>...I mean, clearly I saw it in reruns and all...>.>...but doesn't it just take you back?!!

Thanks for looking, and I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July, for those that celebrate it! :)
M.

32 comments:

  1. Wow this is cool! Love that it changes color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! Such cool polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are...I'm falling deeper and deeper in love with them...

      Delete
  3. Wow this is really cool! I love the designs also~

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever, this disappearing thing; you get a 2-in-1 mani with it! :)

    As it happens, I do celebrate 4th of July - 'cause it's my b-day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great! :) What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was pretty easy to do, too...I used some shaped French guides. :)

      Delete
  7. Me likey! I remember getting all excited when Wonder Woman came on each week cuz, yeah, I'm that old. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SSSShhhhhh....we remember the theme song and stuff because we heard it in utero, right??? :) <3

      Delete
  8. Wow! Fantastic idea! Love it both inside and outside :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that really looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow love it!!! May have to investigate if these are available in the UK :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you talk to Aleksandra, she may be willing to ship it out to you...I'm not sure if she does that or not. :) http://www.etsy.com/shop/InDecisiveLacquer

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. I was soooooo happy with how these turned out. And it was so fun at the bbq to have people look at the white nails with the stars and say 'Oh, that's cute' and then go 'Ah yes, but wait!' and dunk my hands in the ice cooler, lol!

      Delete
    2. hahaha, that is epic! way to go showing off your skills as a nail artist :P

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!