Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Before & After: Zoya Pru

Hello!!

Today's prompt is to do a mani with a duochrome, flakie, or a holo. These are my three favorite things in the nail polish world, and trying to decide between them...aaggooonnnyyyy...

So, I decided to use all three!!

First I started off with a base of Zoya Pru, which is a beautiful purple-orange fleck-finish duochrome like nothing else I've ever seen:

Zoya Pru, with one day of tip-wear...sigh...

Zoya Pru

The pictures I'm about to show you are varied and strange, because I wasn't home when I needed to take these, and I experimented a bit. So next I have Zoya Pru with one coat of Zoya Maisie on the accent nail:


Zoya Pru + Zoya Maisie

I absolutely adore this combination, these two polishes feel like they were made for each other. The flakies in Maisie really play up the flecks and shift in Pru...So pretty. :)

Okay, but there's still some holographic to put in somewhere...So what I decided to do was put Maisie on the rest of the nails since I loved it so much, and the put Milani 3D, a holographic glitter, on the accent nail. The cool thing about this is that 3D doesn't cover opaque in one coat, so you can actually see the flakie underneath! The bad news is the light really didn't want to cooperate with the polish to create a good picture. I couldn't get true color and the full effect of the combo in one shot, so you'll have to compile these in your head...:

Look at that flakie peeking out from under the holo glitter!!

Color's a bit more true in this one, and you can see a little of the holo sparkle, but not much

Tell me that effect isn't cool under that holo...

Full sun to show the color best. By the time I was able to get to full, good sun, I had crazy tip wear and dents in my polish...sorry...:(

I never expected that the flakie would show through the holo, but now that I knowit shines through under a light coat of the glitter, I'm going to exploit this in the future.

So there it is, my duochrome/flakie/holo melange! Hope you saw at least one polish that you liked. ;-)

Thanks for looking, and please check out the other duo-flake-lo manicures linked below. :)

Xoxox,
M.

6 comments:

  1. Oooo, I like this one! It's subtle but such a great color, especially with the flakie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the tips of your nails showing wear or is it shrinkage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the color of Pru...gonna have to snatch a bottle of it for myself lol.

      Delete
    2. That was wear. Back then I used to literally wear the base polish for a day, and then decorate it. I've learned since that's not so great for the blogging pictures, lol. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!