A while back I pulled out my Nfu-Oh 51 and played around with it a bit. For those of you who don't know, Nfu-Oh 51 is amazing and makes my heart dance with joy...it's a purple jelly with a rainbow of flakies that predominantly show a red-orange-copper sort of color:
|Nfu-Oh 51 in artificial light|
I was feeling the copper aspect of the flakies and wanted to accent them with some copper gleekuins (I am choosing to spell it that way in honor of the fact that Glee has managed to bring back the life into their show, and as a fan of the show, I am a Gleek!).
For this manicure, I used the dotting tool method to apply my gleekuins:
1) Apply a dot of clear topcoat to your nail where you want the gleekuin to be with your dotting tool.
2) Without applying more topcoat to the dotting tool, touch it to the top of the gleekuin you want to pick up.
3) Place the gleekuin on top of dot of topcoat on your nail.
4) Repeat 1-3 until you are done applying all of your gleekuins.
5) Cover the nail with a coat of the same topcoat.
I was also in a triangle-pyramid sort of place, but wanted to do something different with the shape, so I had them come out of the side of the nail:
What do you think? I think it's blingy without being over the top. I really loved how it came out and didn't want to take it off. :)
Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!