Friday, May 24, 2013

Inspired by: my shirt!

Hello!!

I recently joined a Facebook group that is designed for people who blog about nails as a hobby. It's a fun, supportive group, and I'm really enjoying it. Part of what they have is a very relaxed monthly challenge, that you do at your own pace, and has 4 manicures per month. I'm late to the party because I just joined, but I figured I better get a move on! :)

The first prompt is 'Inspired By Fashion'. Well, it just so happens I'd been inspired to create a manicure to go with a shirt I wanted to wear, so I figured it would work just fine. First, here is my shirt, or rather, part of it:




I didn't want to copy it exactly, so I reversed the colors. I started with a light brown suede matte polish, and then stamped on it with Konad black using an image from Pueen plate 15. Then I added a few copper-colored microbeads to mimic the beads in the shirt:




What do you think? I like that the matte polish matches the matte feel of the print on the shirt, and although the flowered print is different, it's close enough to look very complementary, I think. :)

Thanks for taking a look! Please check out all the other awesome manicures my fellow group-mates created, linked below. :)

Love and peace. :)
M.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I'm loving it, and what a great top :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that top so much...it's starting to fade cause I've shown it so much love, lol!

      Delete
  2. It looks so good! It would have been so pretty if you had the design on all the nails too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, and I want to try it that way. I wore this manicure to teach in, and I try to be a little restrained when I teach, lol. Although I guess you could argue this isn't all that restrained to start with...>.>

      :)

      Delete
  3. Oops! Typo on the sentence beginning "I like that the matte polish matches the feel of the matte print..." I love the manicure but that made me smile! Heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very good interpretation! I can so see your shirt on your nails! :D
    The base polish looks great! Which polish is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The base polish is one that I wouldn't recommend, but any matte brown polish would make it work. I believe SpaRitual Mind Matte would be a good dupe for this look. :)

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!