It's time to take another shot at 'Fix My FAIL'! ::crowd goes wild::
The premise here is that I will show you one or more manicures where I tried to make a pretty manicure and failed utterly, and you will have the opportunity to show me what I should have done to create a better mani.
This is a 'for fun' contest, meaning there is no prize, it's just for fun. Send me your attempt to improve my manicure(s), and I will pick the ones I like best and feature them in a future blog post, including links to your blog/Facebook page/Instagram/etc.
When I did this previously, I had people post their entries to my Facebook page, but some people don't have access to Facebook that wanted to enter, and couldn't. So this time I'm going to do this a couple of ways. You can:
1) Post your entries to my Facebook page, which you can find find by clicking here.
2) Create a blog post, tweet, or Instagram of your entry, and link it in the comments below. Only links to entries will be allowed; any other links left in the comments section will be deleted.
3) If you don't have any of those media, you can e-mail your entry to me at email@example.com.
Okay, let me show you the two manicure FAILs I have for you to fix, and then I'll talk a bit about the rules. First up, my Zoya Blaze FAIL:
|Zoya Blaze FAIL|
Aphrodite Lacquers Margarita FAIL:
|Aphrodite Lacquers Margarita|
|Aphrodite Lacquers Margarita FAIL|
In both cases, I took a really pretty polish and managed to completely ruin it with my disasterous design, lol. I'm sure you can do better--so show me!
What are the rules? Basically, there is only one rule, and that is that some element of my original manicure must make it into your manicure. For example, you might:
1) Keep the base color (it doesn't have to be the exact same polish, just a similar one), and do something different with it. For example, you might take Zoya Blaze as your base polish (or another similar sparkly red), and decorate it very differently.
2) Keep one or more of the design elements. For example, in the Zoya Blaze FAIL, you might decide you want to do something with green glequins. In the Margarita FAIL, you may decide you want to use the same stamp I used, but change everything else.
3) You only have to do one of the two manicures, but you can do both if you want to. :)
Of course, the more of the original design elements you can keep and come up with something awesome, the more impressed I will be and the more likely you will win. So maybe in the case of the Zoya Blaze FAIL, you decide you're gonna use the same polish, green glequins, and silver bar glitter, but you have a way better idea about how to put all three of them together. That would be awesome and amazing and I would love it!
So, submit your pictures of links to me by the end of the month; the deadline is June 1st at 12:01am. And good luck!!
Peace and love,