Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Before & After: 1950's mani

Hello!!

Today we're heading into the Llama Nails way-back machine with the dial set to the 1950s!

I decided to go classic and showcase a beautiful 1950s-style red. The most recent addition to my red collection is this lovely creme from the Color Club Fiesta collection, Mambo:


Color Club Mambo, indirect sun



Color Club Mambo, direct sun


Hmm...now what would be a good decoration for a 1950s manicure? What would work, what would work...I know!:







That's right, a poodle-skirt mani! I stamped on this with Bundle Monster BM04, using Konad white. Then with my dotting tool, I dotted on a collar and leash with Pure Ice Silver Mercedes (now called Silver Star). I ended with a rhinestone, because, you know--she's fancy and blingy like that. :)

Thanks for stopping by, and please take a look at the other 1950s manicures, linked below. :)

Peace and polish,
M.



18 comments:

  1. The red colour is so pretty. The nail art is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little doggy is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Very simple and classy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes less is more, I think. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! The whole Fiesta collection is beautiful. :)

      Delete
  5. awww what a cute little poodle :) and i love the rhinestone leash :) nice job

    ReplyDelete

Make my day--leave me a comment!